Major keyboard issues?

indycolts

Reaction score
I have had my droid x for quite a few months now with no problems. However once I upgraded to gingerbread I kept having the stock multitouch keyboard randomly force close. Unfortunately now the keyboard is not working right at all. Anytime I hit the space bar it takes me out of the keyboard and when I am just typing regularly my words are not showing up despite the fact they are being entered. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Stuck on Swype for now as it works fine. This may not be GB related. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
I

indycolts

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this to the top. After hours of searching for a fix, I finally found the answer on another forum where this appears to be a very common problem after the GB update.

To fix, go into "applications" and then open the multi touch keyboard. Click "clear data" and you are all set and the problem is completely resolved. Hope this helps someone else.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sorry for bumping this to the top. After hours of searching for a fix, I finally found the answer on another forum where this appears to be a very common problem after the GB update.

To fix, go into "applications" and then open the multi touch keyboard. Click "clear data" and you are all set and the problem is completely resolved. Hope this helps someone else.

Gotta love the forum. I don't post often, however, I come here for plenty of info.

Was having this same issue with my X, did a search, and sure enough this tip cured my ills. Thanks again everyone.

vivid22

Reaction score
Can confirm that this also fixes similar issues on the Droid Pro after the GB update. If "clear cache" is shaded grey and cannot be selected, simply use "clear data", seems to have the same effect while the user dictionary stays in place. Many thanks again for the tip!

nc_biscuit

Reaction score
Thanks for this... had this problem for the last two days, unfortunately while I was traveling, and couldn't research it... this fixed it.