Magnet brings up car dock

csbrat

Reaction score
So, I bought a phone holder that closes with a magnet. Every time I pull out my phone (no matter how carefully I lock the screen) the car dock is displayed on my screen and I have to close that app before I can do anything else. I've not seen this discussed in the forum - is this a common issue? Thanks in advance for any help

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Don't use magnetic cases with Droids. They use magnets to switch into Car Mode and Multimedia mode.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually that's what Otter Box used for their BlackBerry defender cases to shut off the screen when you slide it in holster. Never messed with my phone. Of course BB's aren't Droids :)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

pyro6128

Reaction score
Magnets arent bad for droids. As stated above, magnets just trigger the different dock modes in droids

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Way back in November '09 there was a memo sent to Verizon employees about the OG Droid. Among the items discussed (like the focusing problem) was to steer customers away from any holsters that have a magnet, but to sell them one with Velcro, as they have the same problem as the Droid X.

There is an app called Dock Blocker at http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-dreamforms-android-dockblocker-pntx.aspx which is supposed to take care of that.