Macktion at CES 2015 Video 6: Plastc

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a few businesses that have attempted to help us consolidate our wallets, but Plastc looks like it might just be the one that sticks. Things like Chip and Pin support make a world of difference when considering what you may be willing to drop money on.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This is very neat, innovative and extremely convenient. With 30 days of power on one charge it is quite flexible and effective for the typical user.

Even being e-ink it's still incredible that they fit a battery into a credit card form factor, along with the controller electronics, the e-ink display AND a functional dynamic mag swipe strip, not to mention the three other forms of card payment systems and the BlueTooth.

With the remote wipe once the card is wiped, it appears that if you are able to recover the card you could then simply reactivate the Plastic card and all your hard cards are once again available in the virtual interface of the Plastic card.

This will take my wallet from 3/4" thick to about 3/8" thick. My butt will thank me.

I will be lining up to get one.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Interesting.. I'd like to look into security of data a bit more before jumping on board...

Tap'd by Big 6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would have liked to see what the card actually looks like.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's a cool tech, but I think I'd rather just see more companies take Google Wallet. Why carry even one card when I'm carrying my phone anyway and It's got the NFC ability and/or can generate a QR code or something that can be scanned to authorize payments?

Still, pretty cool and I've been interested in every one of these cards like this that I've seen announced. Glad to see they're actually coming to market with this one.