Macktion at CES 2015 Video 4: Trax GPS Trackers

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Our next Macktion video from CES 2015 is from those folks at Trax GPS Trackers. The first product they demoed was a Child & Pet Tracker. Trax' most outstanding feature in their Tracker actually works in real-time as opposed to most trackers which have a time delay.

They have a second one which transmits "on demand" with a ping for folks who would prefer that method of tracking their smaller pets. Their third product is a Bluetooth tracker called Tracks Ping. This one works the same way as the second one, but is meant to help you find your Bluetooth devices. The advantage of having the "Ping" method is that it won't burn out the battery as quickly as the always on, real-time version.

It's amazing what we can do with the various wireless technologies!

RobertBell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 5
Wish I'd had a bluetooth tracker on that drone I lost in the snow bank...

Bluetooth got a limited range 30-100ft only, while the Trax GPS Tracker works at any distance (as long as you and the tracker has GSM coverage)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Bluetooth got a limited range 30-100ft only, while the Trax GPS Tracker works at any distance (as long as you and the tracker has GSM coverage)
I was withing 100ft when it disappeared from view. Even if I wasn't, I definitely was within rang when I went to the area where I swear it went down, but couldn't find it.

Also, welcome to the forum!