MacAfee Blocks Unauthorized Roots and Factory Resets On The New LG G3!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
McAfee Blocks Unauthorized Roots and Factory Resets On The New LG G3!

When i first saw this i was thinking well heck naw I'm not about to buy a device that intentionally blocks me from factory resetting my device. As it turns out McAfee will come preinstalled on the LG G3 and will prevent others from rooting or factory resetting your device. You will still be able to, but would be scammers who would secretly root your device or erase your device's memory won't be able to with McAfee installed. This becomes helpful especially if you are prone to losing your phone. If you have a phone tracker installed a would be thief would only need to factory reset it and you would be out of luck without the ability to track and find your device. This looks like a pretty good addition for securing your phone.

Via businesswire

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds as if you would password protect the reset/root process.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Sounds utterly bizarre! Why in the world would anyone who understands the process involved *want* something like that?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds logical to me UD.

If you lose your phone, someone can do a factory rest and have a clean phone that can't be tracked for recovery purposes. With this app they can't do the reset.

Tonik

Reaction score
Anyone can get it now for free in the store. Wonder if it can stop rebooting into download mode and flashing it. I would doubt it.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
How would they prevent someone from booting into recovery and wiping data from there?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
How would they prevent someone from booting into recovery and wiping data from there?
I would think it would be password protected.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense. Only problem is why do I have to have McAffee to use it?

Should be a stock feature. But in truth, if someone takes/steals a phone I misplaced then it's gone. Even knowing where the phone is I don't imagine the police would do anything.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I agree kodiak. Local cops are unlikely to send in Crockett and Tubbs to recover my stolen cell phone. :(

The cops around here will retrieve your phone if you have a location tracker on it and they can see where it is. I have had several friends that have recovered iphones and ipads this way.