Mac Compatibility

cuskit

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and have been using the Droid since it's release date. I've stopped using iCal altogether and allow the Droid to do it's thing with the Google Calendar and the Google Contacts. It's seamless! When I connect my Droid to the MBP via the USB cord, it recognizes it immediately & I can drag/drop files and music (including mp4s bought through iTunes!) directly and they play without any problems.

So, all in all, I've been pleased with the compatibility! Especially after coming from BlackBerrys... Ugh...
Yes - no problem drag/copying music and data files - that's a cakewalk. But exactly how is your Mac calendar and contacts "seamless" with the Droid? Can you explain that? I'm finding it very complicated (though doable) for Google to communicate with my Mac contacts. No seamless here... :( mike

Last edited:

DroidFan

Reaction score
Yes - no problem drag/copying files. But exactly how are you contacts "seamless" with the Droid? Can you explain that? I'm finding it very complicated (though doable) for Google to communicate with my Mac contacts. No seamless here... :( mike

Mike,

I exported all my contacts in my Mac Address Book as a single vCard & then uploaded them to my Gmail Contacts on my desktop. As soon as I did that, it immediately synced the contacts with my Droid. Absolutely seamless! I've had no reason to return to my Mac Address Book since!

Hope this helps!

Jodi

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes - no problem drag/copying files. But exactly how are you contacts "seamless" with the Droid? Can you explain that? I'm finding it very complicated (though doable) for Google to communicate with my Mac contacts. No seamless here... :( mike

Mike,

I exported all my contacts in my Mac Address Book as a single vCard & then uploaded them to my Gmail Contacts on my desktop. As soon as I did that, it immediately synced the contacts with my Droid. Absolutely seamless! I've had no reason to return to my Mac Address Book since!

Hope this helps!

Jodi

Thanks for the tip, Jodi.

I think I will delete my Google contacts and give your process a try.

Mike

cuskit

Reaction score

Mike,

Hope this helps!

Jodi

Mike
Hmmm - got a FEW Mike's here! ;)

Jodi - I'll do the same! Thanks! mike, er, umm - maybe I'll just use cuskit? Nah! I was here first! :)

The first Mike.. :)

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Hope this helps!

Jodi

Mike
Hmmm - got a FEW Mike's here! ;)

Jodi - I'll do the same! Thanks! mike, er, umm - maybe I'll just use cuskit? Nah! I was here first! :)

The first Mike.. :)
No Problem! You were here before me.

PSU/Mike:)

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
I originally had a bunch of issues syncing my Macs (MBP, iMac) with my droid, especially with the calendar. I keep 8 calendars on Google (work, band, social, etc) and share several calendars with my spouse. It was very complex at first. I found and installed BusySync which made my life much easier. I have no interest in BusySync other than being a very satisfied user.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Mike and Mike...

You're BOTH welcome! Just remember one thing...when you want to make the vCard, make sure when you open your Mac Address book, go to the group "ALL" and highlight that group. Then you'll get 1 vCard with all the entries. Then import that vCard to Google contacts. It makes it VERY easy...

Good luck!

Jodi