Low disk space

randroidran

Reaction score
For some reason it keeps telling me I'm running out of room on the hard drive,but I keep deleting apps and it never goes away. I'm down to 10 apps and only 100 pics. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

jaitken0308

Reaction score
For some reason it keeps telling me I'm running out of room on the hard drive,but I keep deleting apps and it never goes away. I'm down to 10 apps and only 100 pics. What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

Try these things...

1) Run a cache cleaner app. Cache Mate is a good one, but you have to be rooted.
2) Find a SMS Backup/Restore type app and use it to delete your text messages (after backing them up if you'd like to save them), which can pile up in a hurry and use up precious space. I can't remember, but you may have to be rooted for this also.

That alone cleared up a lot of room on my Eris.

Oh, and btw, the pics are stored on the sd card, so the low storage warning isn't being caused by that.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
easy fix for this (if you're rooted). Go to Android & Windows Phone: Tablets, Apps, & ROMs @ xda-developers and go to the eris forums and search for either cache2cache or app2sd. download 1 or both and follow the instructions perfectly. I did the cache2cache and went from about 50mb of free space to almost 100 !

jaitken0308

Reaction score
Yes, the cache2cache will also work. I'm not sure the specifics of it because I'm not smart enough, but it will work also.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score

Are you rooted? If not, the warning tends to pop up waaaay before you have problems with space. +1 to Apps2SD and CacheMate. If there's a reason you're not rooted or you don't want to root, try out something like aCCleaner which should clear the cache in a few clicks.

If you're rooted, most of your Apps should be installed to your SD card via Apps2SD and you should run a good cache cleaner (like CacheMate!) to clear out temporary junk. Also, what browser are you using? I know that Dolphin Mini has the option to cache to SD.

Also, Jaitken's right. Text messages can take up a lot of space when they pile up on you. If you're not rooted, at least take care to clear them out once in awhile.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't reccomend app2sd. Most of the time it affects the performance of the app unless it has sd support (in which case you don't need app2sd to move it). To clear cache if you aren't rooted boot into recovery and there should be an option to delete cache (correct me if I'm wrong, only droid I've had is my d2g and it has the option to dele cache).

Sent from my Fissioned D2G