love my new $500 paper weight

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude you can totally do it and once you do, you will have a new found confidence in modding your phone. I made sure before I flashed a rom that I knew how to sbf, just in case. Hopefully this is a lesson learned!

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

patfactorx

Reaction score
Its funny that I can brick a phone and not a laptop even though they are the same price now.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sacnotsack

Reaction score
You didn't brick ur phone. Same thing happens to a buddy of mine going from Rubix focused to rubix blurry. Use rsd lite to get back to stock and try again.

Btw i have only Seen one truly bricked phone. When i couldn't fix it, i asked for help. No one could help. It was a true brick. Wouldn't turn on at all. Wouldn't charge. Nothing. It was useless

Sent from Marine Corps Air Station Yuma, Az

OP
S

simpleman1973

Reaction score
thank you every one im working on it now...... hope i get it right ill let everyone know:)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey dude..... I am in Portland also....if you want to meet up I can help you in person. Do you have Heytel installed? This might have just gotten much easier for you.

Shibbey

Reaction score
i am new to all thisnd thought id give it a try, recently bought a droid x and love all its capabilaties. have rooted it backed it up , bootstrapper and all that. succesfully put darkslide on and loved it ......... dcided to put rubix on and try it BRICKED IT!!!!!!!!! now i have a beautiful paper weight:) i bought another x and am scared o put any new rom on it. anyone with info on links for safe roms please help also on how to repair my phone would be cool

Try using this program/method. Worked perfect for me.

• Burn the ISO to a disc.
  • Reboot your computer via cdrom.
  • Put your phone in the bootloader (power + camera + volume down)
  • Connect phone to the computer...
  • Follow the onscreen directions.
Nothing install on the computer.. It is all run from the CD. Fast and Simple.

When done you will have 2.3.340 on your phone stock.
NOTE: use only if you have bootloader v30.04.

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems