Lots Of Galaxy Devices Received Updates Today.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-s8-launch-gtm-lp-camera-d-03202017-jpg.77814

Earlier today I noticed that my Galaxy S8 had an update ready for install. I was pretty excited for a moment thinking this might finally be the 7.1.1 update. It turns out it was just an incremental update. The Android version after the update was still 7.0, however this update did bring some pretty big fixes to my S8

The update for the Galaxy S8 includes "faster face recognition". There is also an option to turn "fast face recognition off" which is supposedly more secure as it allows your device to take more time to study the details of the face before unlocking. An updated Nav Bar Show Hide Button allows you to double tap the lock unlock button to prevent accidental taps. Alarm notifications on the Always On Display have been adjusted. There were also fixes to bluetooth, the caller Name ID app, Smart Switch among others.

There were also updates with similar bug fixes and user experience improvements for the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Note 5, Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy S6 Edge+. The update should be rolling out to your device soon. You can check for it manually by going to the settings, and then check for update.

via Verizon

Attachments

• samsung-s8-launch-gtm-lp-camera-d-03202017.jpg
    samsung-s8-launch-gtm-lp-camera-d-03202017.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6,301

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
my note 5 and gear s2 received updates a couple of days ago. have not checked my old note 10.1 yet. most likely too old for updates.

Batman8

Reaction score
Just an FYI, I pulled the update this morning and installed it and it STILL did not fix the fast wireless charging problem on my VZW S8+. It still pauses and won't fast charge (especially in the vertical position). It was working perfectly until the first software update killed it!!! I had the same thing happen when a software update broke the BT connectivity on my 65" 4K Samsung Smart TV...not too smart I guess, huh Samsung. I'm becoming more fearful of all their updates these days!

siya

Reaction score
For a long time, rugged phone has been recognized as heaviness and
ugliness. But I don’t see any on this phone. The appearance is very cool
and unique. And its NFC, OTG, fingerprint unlock, walkie-talkie provide
a easier and more convenient user experience to me. And I’m also very
satisfied with its drop-proof and water-proof function.