Lost root

kerncop

Reaction score
My DX was rooted until the new 2.3.330 update. I lost root, photos, and I cant change anything. I tried to do another one click root but it will not work. I have downloaded z4root-2.1.3.0.apk and it also will not install. Can anyone help???

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Did you try going into factory recovery and doing a wipe of cache and a factory reset?

Sent from my DROIDX

jsw6380a

Reaction score
My DX was rooted until the new 2.3.330 update. I lost root, photos, and I cant change anything. I tried to do another one click root but it will not work. I have downloaded z4root-2.1.3.0.apk and it also will not install. Can anyone help???

Also, I'm not aware of that update. The last one was 2.3.340.

Sent from my DROIDX

NattyBee

Reaction score
Hmm...have you installed z4root and it just won't root you or you cannot get it installed at all?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
K

kerncop

Reaction score
I have the droid x. I did the one click root months ago and all was fine. The latest update 2.3.340 took away my root, photos, and now I cant download any apps. They all say error 18 when it tries to install and an orange triangle with a ! is on top.

I downloaded z4root-2.1.3.0.apk when i hit it then hit install, i get application not installed.

Will a factory reboot work? if so how do I do that?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I have the droid x. I did the one click root months ago and all was fine. The latest update 2.3.340 took away my root, photos, and now I cant download any apps. They all say error 18 when it tries to install and an orange triangle with a ! is on top.

I downloaded z4root-2.1.3.0.apk when i hit it then hit install, i get application not installed.

If you have bootatrapper just go in and wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset. If you don't have bootstrapper. Power the phone off. Press and hold power and home until a little triangle comes up. Then hit the search key. Once you get there wipe cache and do a factory reset and try all over again. Make sure you have a good z4 download also.

Sent from my DROIDX

jsw6380a

Reaction score
My signature has a z4 tutorial that is good for ota. 340.

Sent from my DROIDX

NattyBee

Reaction score

hmm...yeah, it sounds like something might have gotten corrupted during update... you can try a factory reset and see if that works...if not you may need to sbf...

there are 2 methods to factory reset:
#1- via settings.
Go into settings
go to Privacy
select Factory Data Reset

#2 via Recovery
power down phone
power up while holding the "home" key
when you see an Android guy next to a "!" inside a triangle, hit the search key
select Wipe data/factory reset
then select wipe cache partition
do these both at least 2X

OP
K

kerncop

Reaction score
I am now doing the Factory reset. SUCKS i have to lose everything, but I cant download anything either so I guess its a wash.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
You wont lose everything. All of your contacts are/should eBay synced to Google. When you sign back in all your apps will be in the market.

Sent from my DROIDX