Lost Root, Can't boot into recover, phone not working properly, Lost data!!!!!!

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Ok so I haven't been on the forums in awhile but I have a huge problem.

So I was running My Galaxy s3 rooted for like a year and it was fine.

Then I decided to try out a ROM after being totally sick of touchwiz. I instal Cyanogenmod since it is the most common one and I just want basic basic nothing fancy. I used to be all about flashing different roms and kernels and trying to do the weirdest things possible with my phone but I don't have time for it anymore so I rarely play with my android.

Here is my current situation:

Model phone:SCH-1535 Verizon Galaxy S3
Android: 4.3.1
Kernel: 3.4.66 Build 01
Cyanogenmod Version: 10.2.2013 NIGHTLY

Everything goes smooth besides a few issues which I flashed google apps to fix.

Phone works GREAT for a week and I love it. Then I start getting some random reboots and the camera starts freezing. Whatever I can deal with it. Then I notice like half my contacts are gone. Gone from google contacts online too. The phone just started deleting contacts for some reason.

Then photos are missing. Then data from apps are missing.

I go to just factory reset and get rid of the rom and find out, i lost root access somehow.

I have no Root, I can't reboot into recover, and my computer won't let me send line commands to it through terminal. I think it is because USB debugging is off and I cn't turn it back on.

Is there anyway to get my phone back?

I just want to go back to stock. I'd rather have the god awful look of touchwiz than deal with the Cyanogenmod like eating away at my phone.

ALSO:

My phone now reboots multiple times a day, camera doesn't work anymore, Music app freezes almost instantly, my email contacts are disappearing. My phone claims it has superuser but it doesn't and I can't flash anything because I can't get my computer to recognize my phone.

Is there anyone around this besides having to break my phone and get insurance to replace it?

I spent years messing with phones and have almost bricked a ton but there was always a way out. Here I am totally stuck. I just can't do anything.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
UPDATE:

After spending all night messing with it today at work I was somehow able to get it to reboot into "Odin Mode"

It says "downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

Anyone know what is happening here?

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Also to add to this situation I am using a MAC so Odin is not exactly easy to find for a Mac. Every link I find is dead.

All I want to do is flash the stock rom recovery file I have saved on my sd on this phone!!!!!

WillisD

Reaction score
Get heimdall since you're on a Mac you can find it and instructions on cyanogenmod wiki