Lost my Dialer!

turtlegss

Reaction score
After I flashed to a theme, I lost my Dialer!
How do I get that back. Including dialer, also lost my contacts app

Graymayre

Reaction score
After I flashed to a theme, I lost my Dialer!
How do I get that back. Including dialer, also lost my contacts app

Are you running a ROM or just a custom launcher like ADWlauncher?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Graymayre

Reaction score
You should be able to tap your menu button and select Add, then select Shortcut, and they should both be there.
If you disabled your quicklaunch bar, you'll have to reenable it in settings and you can drag and drop your new shortcuts back to it if they aren't back again.

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
That would work but the issue is that they aren't in the system at all. The previous icon for phone is the generic file one and doesn't work.

Graymayre

Reaction score
In that case, the best suggestion I can make is to reinstall your ROM. Other than that, you could try to find the apk files to install it back. You can use titanium backup to backup apps with their data and ADW has a backup option for your settings. I'm not too familiar with this though, but if you reinstall your rom without deleting your cache, since it is the same rom it should leave some of your data intact if not all while installing the missing apps.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Try to click menu/add and luncher action. Choose open/close dock bar. After you get it back up adw has a feature to lock the desktop and prevent that from hapening.

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
Gray- I'm trying to avoid re flashing haha. It's been like the 10th time. Something goes wrong every time.

Chizzele- The issue is that i cant even pull up the app. When i got to manage, i can see both dialers, the blacked out and normal in there but when I am trying to find it through the system menu, it is no where to be found.

Graymayre

Reaction score
Try looking for an apk that someone pulled from the system. Maybe send a message to Sorcery dev. Maybe try another ROM. I ran Cyanogenmod 7 and I had no issues ever and it ran beautifully.

I wish I could help you more, but I don't know anything else. When it comes to system apps, its always best to reflash. Especially the dialer.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Use the actual menu button on the bottom of the screen and click add and choose luncher actions from the pop up menu. Then choose open/close dock bar. That will drop a shortcut to your desktop that will bring your dockbar back up.

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
chizzele, I can get my dockbar fine. I just cant find my dialer at all

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Hmmm... very strange.. in Sourcery settings you have the option to reinstall the phone app or a customized phone app. Try reinstalling it. Never heard about this happeining in Sourcery's 5 month of existence. Let me know if you have a hard time finding the menu setting for that.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Turtle
Download a fresh copy of latest ROM version. Don't wipe and just flash pity on to of what you are running, upon reboot the missing system apks should then be in the correct folders. And everything else you have already had set up will keep the settings you selected.
Let us know of that works.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
T

turtlegss

Reaction score
I reinstalled the rom and it still didnt fix the problem so I flashed back to original 2.2 and reinstalled my kernel at a different clock and then installed my theme and it messed up again. But I rinsed repeated and finally I got the Dialer.

Nifty problem...