Lost message vibrate notification

pash22

Reaction score
When I get a text message or other notifiation, my Droid doesn't vibrate anymore if the phone is set to silent. The phone will vibrate if I get a call and it will ring when I get a call or a message if the phone is not on silent. The light still lights and the notification is still in the top line but no vibrate. I have checked the phone settings and I may have missed something, but the settings look OK to me.

Any ideas?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Silent means silent. Try vibrate mode?

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Crap.I was afraid you were going to say that.
There is a setting that I can't remember,I think in an app , that basically makes vibrate mode non existent. I'll chime back once I find it.
I've got a widget app called "volume" that should turn it back on.

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

OP
P

pash22

Reaction score
I'm still not getting my vibrate notification on messages. I deleted some aps that I thought might have something to do with it but to no avail.

Any help?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You haven't mentioned which messaging app you're using but check the app settings as well.

OP
P

pash22

Reaction score
I am using the Droid messaging ap and in the settings, I have "Always Vibrate When Notified"

sharondet

Reaction score
There is an app called Sound Manager, that has vibrate settings for notifications and ringer. When i installed this, I found that the vibrate setting was set to "Don't Vibrate". Once I changed it, I got my vibrations back. I got this advice from an earlier thread months ago when I had this problem.

chanhwee

Reaction score
Great solution!!!

There is an app called Sound Manager, that has vibrate settings for notifications and ringer. When i installed this, I found that the vibrate setting was set to "Don't Vibrate". Once I changed it, I got my vibrations back. I got this advice from an earlier thread months ago when I had this problem.

Whatever app setting disabled the vibration setting on my Droid 3... I was able to turn it back on with this app (Sound Manager). Thanks for the great solution (or a re-post of the solution). I still can't figure out which app actually turned it off.

Just for clarification, for those of you who "lost" vibration notification on your SMS even though the notification setting is on vibration in the SMS menu (whatever sms app you are using), just download this app (now there is Sound Manager V2) and press the menu button, go to "Vibrate Settings" and tap the "Vibrate whenever possible" or "Vibrate only when silent" (i.e. make sure it's not on "Don't vibrate". and Voila! You can test by sending text to yourself (using the standard phone msg app since you can put your own phone # to send an sms).