Losing music off SD-EXT card

rvcjew

Reaction score
I have found that using the phone as a USB drive mounted seems to be the problem. I use a regular usb card reader and the micro adapter. I then transfer music and video to the card that way then reinsert it into the phone, reboot, then plug in the usb cable once and unplug to force the rescan of the card and I have lost no music in over a week now.

I format the card on the window system in FAT

Fat or fat 32 should be 32.

Beamed from my SteelDroid D3

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
Ya it was FAT32 and go figure a day after I post all is well I lose over 50% of my music. All the files are in the LOST.DIR.

I dont get it, going to just put my 8gig back in as at least I dont lose anything off it.

This is a weird and irritating as hell bug.

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
as an update I put the 16gig back in and tried to add the music back onto it and it crashs the computer I am on. I tried this on 2 different desktops and it crashed both.

Strange that this only happens with my 16gig and not the 8gig at all. Seems like it definately could be something with the phone itself.

rvcjew

Reaction score
as an update I put the 16gig back in and tried to add the music back onto it and it crashs the computer I am on. I tried this on 2 different desktops and it crashed both.

Strange that this only happens with my 16gig and not the 8gig at all. Seems like it definately could be something with the phone itself.
The phone definitely does not like the card

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Reading your posts in the thread makes me believe it is something with that card.

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
The crashing thing isn't related to the music problem, least I haven't experienced any crashing. But the music problem is definitely very real and very annoying. It's sad that it probably won't get fixed, as really no one has reported it.

OP
snstr1

snstr1

Reaction score
Ya the crashing I fixed by reformating the card on the phone itself. I then changed it out and am running my 8gig with no issues.
Funny thing is im noticing small other issues with the phone when I lose the music, even though music is on external sd and my ringtones and notifications are on my internel sd, when I lose the music on the card my personalized ringtones and notes reset to default.

Last edited:

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Ya the crashing I fixed by reformating the card on the phone itself. I then changed it out and am running my 8gig with no issues.
Funny thing is im noticing small other issues with the phone when I lose the music, even though music is on external sd and my ringtones and notifications are on my internel sd, when I lose the music on the card my personalized ringtones and notes reset to default.

Yeah. All in all the Droid 3 for me has been a pretty bad experience. I've already lost one to a non-working usb. The music problem was present on both. Development is stagnant with the exception of a couple a developers but I don't really see it going that far. And 512MB of ram is terrible. I have an upgrade coming up on November 8th so I'm probably going to switch to the Galaxy Nexus. I don't really use the keyboard anymore and I'd rather take 4g + a device that I know is going to be supported by not only the developer but the community as well.