Losing battery while you sleep? Try this!

narquam

Reaction score
I spent several days monitoring the battery usage (battery graph) on my phone. I noticed that it would fall mostly due to data usage. Because of this I went hunting for an app to reduce my battery usage while I wasn't using the phone. Most importantly, while I'm asleep.

APNdroid
A great little app that adds a simple on/off button for your 3G/EDGE/GPRS data. It also has a feature to disable MMS or notifications. This is manual only but other programs can utilize it to turn off data.

Timeriffic
There are a few programs that do this but this is the most flexible I've seen. There is another program to save your battery without the involvement but this gives you more options. Timeriffic allows you to set a schedule for your phone features. You can control ringer, vibrate, main volume, notification volume, Wifi, brightness, airplane mode, bluetooth, and APNdroid data on/off.

This tool gives you the ability to turn down the volume and turn off data, notifications, wifi, and bluetooth all at night when you go to bed. Then set it to turn on all needed functions for back to normal in the morning before you wake up. It takes little battery itself and saves a ton of battery by eliminating sync while you sleep. After all, you're not going to check your facebook while you're in bed. Why should your phone? You can also set days of the week and custom schedule for every day if you like. Plan on sleeping in, no problem just set a custom schedule. You can also turn on and off schedules as you like.

deputc26

Reaction score
APNDroid, lol, that app does not work on cdma android phones i.e yours, the only way you can do what you are trying to do without airplane mode and w/o wi-fi is a prog called "Droid Wall" (root users only) and a shortcut to data calling from any cut or better cut.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I gain battery while I sleep.. and my Droid becomes my alarm clock.

I love the Multimedia Dock!

When using Multimedia Dock, do you enter it manually every time? Or can you set it to enter when plugged in? :)

It's my understanding that it enters docking mode by itself when placed in the dock, that's why DockRUNNER came about. It was a hack so you could use the dock interface without the dock...

OP
N

narquam

Reaction score
APNDroid, lol, that app does not work on cdma android phones i.e yours, the only way you can do what you are trying to do without airplane mode and w/o wi-fi is a prog called "Droid Wall" (root users only) and a shortcut to data calling from any cut or better cut.

Then why does my data not work when I turn it off using APNdroid? Maybe this app just has problems from phone to phone. The point was to cut all features of the droid except the phone so you can still make/receive phone calls and lengthen battery life. You can't do that in airplane mode.

Also, not everyone remembers to plug their phone in at night. It's a very difficult thing to find when it's dead. Especially if it fell between the sofa cushions.

Last edited:

bigthinker

Reaction score
My phone charges as well @ night in the Multi Media Dock....Love it!:motdroidvert:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not just plug it in while you sleep?

Because, for me it's normally 100% charged before I turn in (from having it plugged into the computer playing with the SDK). And while it may not be "harmful" to leave it in there's no point (I loose virtually no batter % as I only sleep ~4 hrs).

I'm more interested in turning off notifications and such during certain times.