Lose 3g over night

Ortechman

Reaction score
I have been losing 3G connection every night..always wake up to 1X data. nothing helps it except updating roaming capabilities with*228. Does anyone have an idea of what can be causing this? I'm running CM 6.1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Maybe due to the fact the os is set to turn off data after 15 minutes of activity and also nightime battery saver mode turns it off after 10pm by default, check those.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been losing 3G connection every night..always wake up to 1X data. nothing helps it except updating roaming capabilities with*228. Does anyone have an idea of what can be causing this? I'm running CM 6.1

Maybe the radio in that ROM is bad. Or maybe you are having tower issues in your areal

Dialing *228 just updates your Preferred Roaming List. So if the Roaming List doesn't change, that's not what's fixing your phone and they don't change your list daily, more like once every one or two months.

OP
O

Ortechman

Reaction score
Thanks..i will give that a try tonight..hopefully it will work.

OP
O

Ortechman

Reaction score
Maybe the radio in that ROM is bad. Or maybe you are having tower issues in your areal

Dialing *228 just updates your Preferred Roaming List. So if the Roaming List doesn't change, that's not what's fixing your phone and they don't change your list daily, more like once every one or two months.

I reinstalled the ROM and the radio band is the recent version..as far as the updating the roaming..that seems to work all the time giving me 3G again. How would I check the radio tower to see if there are issues with it?