Looking to upgrade to a Smart Phone.

imddog

Reaction score
I think I'm ready to get a smart phone and really like the look of the razr and some people who own/owned one tell me they are great. Now I've been searching the net. reading and watching video some are informative but not sure still which phone the Razr or Razr Maxx? Also should I just hold out for a few more months to see if the phones mentioned get the ICS update.:blink:

Insidious

Reaction score
I think the Razr Maxx would be great for a new user like you. To he honest, ICS is really, really good; but its your decision. The Maxx runs great on its current OS (Gingerbread), so its up to what you think will be best for you. Have you had a chance to go into the store and test drive the phones yet? If so I reccomend doing that, and even give the iPhone a spin. Who knows, that might be the one that fits you the best. I would take the Maxx over the original Razr, because I've heard that the shear thinness of the phone can compromise its integrity. The Maxx is a bit thicker so that should be a non-issue.

huskur

Reaction score
I got rid of the Droid 4 because the battery life was bad. Battery life on the Razr is MAYBE a little better. I think you would benefit more with Maxx for battery life alone. I hated looking for power every 6 to 10 hours. With the Maxx I get around 30 to 40 hours between charges. Just my opinion

FYI- It's only a matter of time for both to be upgraded to ICS.

IMO- Don't look at 3G phones. You will get one (like the 4S) and then be stuck in contract with a soon to be dinosaur

OP
I

imddog

Reaction score
I went into the store to check them out, but they only seemed to be interested in showing you the Iphone! I will go try it again maybe with better luck, I know if I only get 6-8 hours of battery time I will soon be cussing up a storm and that is the one reason I'm really looking hard at the Maxx. Plus the extra battery life will give me more time to figure out how to use the phone and once that happens I know I'll get sucked in to more and more apps and such.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How tech savvy are you? Are you interested in rooting and ROMing? If not, the Maxx is definitely one of the phones you should strongly consider because you need long battery life. However, with any of the other phones that allow you to remove the battery, you could always have a spare on hand as well (though not as convenient).