Looking for Verizon NG6 ODIN File??

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
If anyone is in need of ODIN Flashing their Samsung Galaxy S4 for Verizon (VZW), I have the tar.md5 files! ;)

PM ME if you need them!! :)

gvrider

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
If anyone is in need of ODIN Flashing their Samsung Galaxy S4 for Verizon (VZW), I have the tar.md5 files! ;)

PM ME if you need them!! :)

Hi KaosMaster.

These instructions sound a little complicated, and risky if someone isn't experienced in flashing with ODIN. Am I correct, or is it more simple than I am leading myself to believe? I would like to have root back, but don't want to brick my phone.
How-To Root I545VRUFNG6 Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 XDA Forums

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Odin is not a complicated procedure. Most of the time it will run fine and not cause problems. Unless there are issues on the device already. The procedure they are doing is kinda risky in that thread. But...It may get the job done! But samsung bricks are very rare, and that they can get made to work again! Worst thing is you waste allot of time to fix it! ;)

gvrider

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Is there another, less risky procedure for rooting this latest update pushed by Verizon last week, that you are aware? I didn't try towelroot. I am just guessing it won't work straight up.

OP
KaosMaster

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You can try towelroot..But probably won't work...and it doesn't appear that the vulnerability exists anymore...so...idk

gvrider

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I may try the method outlined in the link I posted, just to get experience using Odin. Worst case, I will have to do a factory reset and start over again.

gvrider

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks KaosMaster.

This method worked exactly as described. No problems whatsoever. I confirmed root access once again.