Looking for stable rom that has a thread with updated links.

Reaction score
Hi all

I just got my D2 rooted and installed LiquidSmooth-ICS, however it is not as stable as I hoped. I am searching for the most stable rom for the D2 that can be used for full functional daily use, I think CM7 might be that rom. I have read the CM7 thread but all the links are no longer supported. I am kind of at a stand still right now and would appreciate any help in getting my phone on the right rom. Thanks in advance.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Or maybe if someone could at least please tell me what do do. I have been searching for hours and hours and everything is so confusing abotu this phone. I just want to get it working again and repeatedly pressing F5 to see if someone has posted any help yet is getting somewhat tiring, perhaps I am used to the old days when people jumped on a thread to offer help (or at least a flame).

I am not sure if I need to go back to froyo, then gingerbread, or just gingerbread, I am not sure where to even find the files I need as I said, everything is just so confusing, and most pages are simply outdated.

Can someone please offer me some quick advice?

Jeffyo

Reaction score
Steel Droid unthemed is awesome and is currently being updated. It has been the most stable rom I've used.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I am not sure if I need to go back to froyo, then gingerbread, or just gingerbread, ........

If you try to go back to froyo you will soft-brick your phone. I too am looking for info on Tom's, and just bumped mine as I also got no responses. Let me know what you find out.

Sent from my rooted DROID 2! Much thanks to phifc from rootzwiki for the 2.3.4 .621 root!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The most stable Rom I've ever used is Galnet MIUI 2.2.10; perfection. I'm on MIUI V4 because of the extra features and it's pretty good as well, but Galnet is uber stable. I've actually had no reboots on V4 come to think of it, but battery life on Galnet is superb; even on a full days hard use I still have 30% charge to spare.

NEW! Galnet MIUI ICS 2.2.10 ( 1% Batt, Charge While Off, Updated Bootmenu, Scripts ) - Droid 2/R2D2 Development - RootzWiki

Stable or your money back. Make sure you Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik, and then Format and Mount System before you flash the Zip as you are coming from an ICS Rom. You do NOT need to SBF before you install this.

Barchetta

Reaction score
Heard good things about CM7 and Galnet MIUI, but IMHO, Liberty3 is pretty solid! Battery life is great, camera, video, Youtube, all that stuff works! Smooth and fast
Liberty3 v2.0