Looking for a QR code scanner/reader

NiblickAdMan

Reaction score
Good morning, all! I'm new to the forum, having just fired my Crackberry for a LG Spectrum this past weekend. Still getting used to it, but in looking in VZW Apps, I'm unable to find a QR code scanner/reader app. That would strike me as strange with QRs being all the rage these days--especially with all the "warp 9" development going on out there in "dev-land!" Any suggestions? Again, I'm new here, so if someone has already answered the question, just point me to it.

Many thanks!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are many out there. I suggest Barcode Scanner and Shopsavvy Barcode Scanner. Both can read barcodes and QR codes. Some time ago, the Android Market on the web would have a QR code on each app. You'd use Barcode Scanner to scan it and it would take you too the Market on your phone. Now all you need to do is click "Install" and it installs for you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
N

NiblickAdMan

Reaction score
There are many out there. I suggest Barcode Scanner and Shopsavvy Barcode Scanner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Downloaded and tried ShopSavvy, but it doesn't scan QRs.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought it did. I suppose that since it's designed for shopping, it doesn't need to do QR codes as much as barcodes.

I know Barcode Scanner does. It simple, but works great. There is also RedLaser Barcode & QR Scanner.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 to Barcode Scanner...

jeromezenic

Reaction score
Barcode Scnner for QR code: Version 20 and above

I am looking to scan Version 20 and above Qr codes. Can you guys guide me through what are the scanners which will be able to read them and let me know if there are any Mobile apps available in the market. If the barcode apps are not available for higher versions, can you recommend/suggest the apps creator who would be able to do this??

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Downloaded and tried ShopSavvy, but it doesn't scan QRs.

What QR code are you trying to scan? I know for a fact ShopSavvy scans them, as it's been my QR code scanner for over 2 years.

Tomoid

Reaction score
I use an app called QR Droid (by DroidLa) and an app called Barcode Scanner (by ZXing Team)
They are in the Play Store

Last edited: