Looking for a decent sub $200 Android tablet for the kids

carguy

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a sub $200 Droid tablet for my kids? I've seen a few < $100 tablets on Amazon but the reviews are horrible.
It should be able to stream Netflix, do the usual app thing, no camera necessary.

Kindle Fire?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

mikaselm

Reaction score
I highly reccommend a herotab C8, although I'm not sure if it could stream netflix out of the box. I know I had mine streaming netflix, but it was rooted before that...
easy to find on Amazon or google shopping.

OP
carguy

carguy

Reaction score
I highly reccommend a herotab C8, although I'm not sure if it could stream netflix out of the box. I know I had mine streaming netflix, but it was rooted before that...
easy to find on Amazon or google shopping.

Looks like a decent solution. It would need to stream netflix.

Why do some tablets have an issue downloading some apparently from the market?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

posttal

Reaction score
The wife has the Kindle fire..i have the Archios 7 internet tablet.Both work great but her's seems to be smoother as far as scrolling goes.Mine i bought to put movies on then hook to the big screen tv via its hdmi port..hers was bought for reading books and surfing around via wi-fi at lunch at work.both get apps from the android market..both connect with wi-fi.Not alot of people are familiar with the Archios..heres a review of them.. Archos 70 and 101 Internet Tablet review -- Engadget

Santiago2

Reaction score
Cyberbullying

Ya the seven Internet teblet is really good, I followed to your links its really good, But this is very useful for the kids, thanks for the nice information.

Cyberbullying

nikecar

Reaction score
Someone posted an Alvin and the Chipmunks edition tablet running Android for kids. I think it was $130 or so.

You might want to hold off later this month to see if the Asus/Google Tablet hits that price mark for you.