AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
  • posted June 11, 2015 by AlphaDog
    DROID_RAZR.png
  • Quote this Comment
JUNE 11, 2015
Here's a quick update on our progress on the DROID Turbo 5.1 Lollipop upgrade, since there seems to be A LOT of inaccurate information out there. We are still in the lab test cycle and things are looking good. We have not provided a launch date yet, but I will let you know as soon as the update is available.

Matt, via David Schuster on G+.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Everybody is saying "soon"... I look for it to be ready by mid july..yes a major screw up by moto and vzw because of the untimely updates on a flagship.. But it is what it is..

Then the next batch of droids will be released come October-ish...they've been pushing droids back so they don't have to compete with samsung and apple releases..samsung has already released the s6 and s6e..so the new droids might drop sooner..who's to say

Dr.Death

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I don't think the turbo will ever get the lollipop upgrade. They must be having some serious issues with it. I look for motorola to push new phones very soon that come with lollipop and hope that everyone upgrades to them. The turbo is going to be one of those phones motorola hopes everyone forgets about in a few years.

R

RETG

Only Turbo? Didn't the OTA for the 2014 Moto X just start today or maybe yesterday? Do all other Verizon phones have Lollipop?
Maybe they want to get it right; vs. LG which didn't care with the G3? I believe I got Lollipoop back in January and the phone had been buggy since with terrible battery life. AT&T as well as LG keep saying a fix is coming...coming, coming.....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think the turbo will ever get the lollipop upgrade.

It does blow my mind how many people said that. You can't be serious.

I think Moto just wants to make sure they don't do to the Turbo what they did to the RAZR HD ...rolling out an update that totally messed that phone up and breaks something else and then having to roll out YET another update to fix the last update. I was part of that HD fiasco. Destroyed my phone.

Thank god Moto didn't rush the update out so fast that it it now requires yet another patch. Yea yea, Samsung, you can say you were first, but at what cost?
More Android 5.0 Lollipop Problems Reported By Users Of Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Samsung Acknowledges Problem PERSONAL TECH Tech Times

Friend at work with an S5 on L STILL has the memory leak issue. Came to me last week "why does my phone say I'm out of memory?"
Because Sammy rushed your update. ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I know. Already told her the T-mobile version is out so she should be soon. She sounds just like I was when Moto rolled out KK to the HD.
"I used to love this phone...." :D

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It was available to me this morning. I waited until about 45 minutes ago and pulled the trigger.
Download/Update went smoothly. Subtle new look.
Some nice features. Nothing earth shaking (which I'm saying as a positive) maybe there are some things I haven't seen (yet) I like the flashlight trick.
Phone is snappy. Good luck to others.