Lockscreen volume toggle

electric turd

Reaction score
I am about to come from the iPhone to the razr hd max. One question I have is about the lockscreen volume toggle. I have noticed it is a ringer/vibrate switch. Can you make it a ringer/silent switch instead?

atomzd

Reaction score
I loved Silent Toggle Widget on my Droid X...just switched to a RAZR MAXX today and realized this old widget doesn't work on ICS. I like the addition and location of the lockscreen volume toggle, but as I use all 3 modes often, I don't understand why the defaults just let you switch between Sound and Vibrate.

There are a zillion other volume widgets out there, but at first glance, they all appear to be overkill for what I'm looking for. I don't need a big involved GUI with tons of options.

I would be satisfied with what the OP is looking for, but if that's not possible, does anyone know of a simple widget that will allow toggling between all 3 modes?

***just realized shortly after posting that holding the power button gives all 3 options. very nice. still would enjoy a toggle widget, but less urgent now.

okcthunderfan

Reaction score
I am about to come from the iPhone to the razr hd max. One question I have is about the lockscreen volume toggle. I have noticed it is a ringer/vibrate switch. Can you make it a ringer/silent switch instead?

Yes, you can do this and it's easy to switch back and forth between a silent toggle and vibrate toggle. Unlock your phone, hold down the power button for a second until the little power options box pops up and then hit the button to put your phone in silent mode. Now the lock screen toggle will switch between silent and normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2