Lockscreen clock editor suggestion?

RUKKUS

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to set the lockscreen clock elsewhere on the lockscreen, like left adjust, center, right adjust, and maybe even remove? is there a mod that already does this?

breachless

Reaction score
Widgetlocker gives you pretty much all the flexibility you could want on the lockscreen. I love it. It basically turns the lockscreen into another place you can add widgets (and yes, you can move them around and resize them as you see fit). It also gives you a bunch more options for the slider.

OP
R

RUKKUS

Reaction score
Widgetlocker gives you pretty much all the flexibility you could want on the lockscreen. I love it. It basically turns the lockscreen into another place you can add widgets (and yes, you can move them around and resize them as you see fit). It also gives you a bunch more options for the slider.
I bought widget locker, but ended up refunding it because sometimes my default lock would pop up or my phone wouldn't be locked when I turn the screen on. also i would lose my themed lock buttons.

microsnook

Reaction score
I think it is possible rukkus, but you will have to talk with the other themers lol.
I know the linear theme from bgill moves the clock to the center, a much cleaner look...

Good luck on your work! If you find the hack, post it up for all of us to use : )

OP
R

RUKKUS

Reaction score
I think it is possible rukkus, but you will have to talk with the other themers lol.
I know the linear theme from bgill moves the clock to the center, a much cleaner look...

Good luck on your work! If you find the hack, post it up for all of us to use : )
yea I really like the center clock..

breachless

Reaction score
I bought widget locker, but ended up refunding it because sometimes my default lock would pop up or my phone wouldn't be locked when I turn the screen on. also i would lose my themed lock buttons.

Interesting. I know it had some kind of weird time-out deal, but I think I disabled that by setting something in the settings for root users that got rid of that. I suppose it would get rid of your themed lock buttons though: I don't think there would be a way to fix that.

OP
R

RUKKUS

Reaction score
still looking for a way to do this..

G

gJon

This is fixed in the latest version of widgetlocker.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You can go with the option of using Linear theme. Or you can go with the option of using WidgetLocker. I doubt anything is wrong with it and was probably an error on your end. I would suggest you go through the entire settings and understand what each setting does (description usually under or next to the setting name) and make your own preference.

I've had no problems on my end whatsoever. The dev who made WidgetLocker did an update not too long ago to fix a couple of bugs on it when it would do weird stuff. Now it is nearly perfect. The only time you will see something change on the WidgetLocker is when you plug your USB via Laptop.

There are MANY different customizations for WidgetLocker. I'll provide 2 sites. One has custom lockers, another has a very well typed out tutorial on how to make your own. If you need help finding out how and where to put these files (so you can see the custom lockers of your choice) then leave a post here and I or someone will answer your questions.

Link 1 - Custom Lockers made by others:

[THEMES] WIDGETLOCKER | Theme Collection | PIMPED OUT WITH THEME INDEX! - xda-developers

Link 2 - How to make your own custom locker:

[FAQ] WIDGETLOCKER | Documentation and Help thread! | Updated
[*] - xda-developers

Be sure that you take the time to explore all settings before you just give up on something. WidgetLocker is widely regarded as the number 1 choice of customizing your lockscreen.

Also note this... if you decide to use something like Linear theme, you still won't be able to customize your lockscreen because it is already done for you so you won't be able to add widgets, move stuff around, resize, etc. WidgetLocker is the only app that will allow you to do such thing. If you really like the clock shown on Linear, then ask the themer who created Linear or someone who knows where that clock came from. There are plenty of clocks to download from here, the XDA forums, or on the market.

Aequitas

Reaction score
You could just make your own themed lock slider. just take a screen shot and make your own of it really... not that hard i wouldnt think then throw it in widget locker.

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If widget locker doesn't do it, the clock for the rom is in a decompiled framework-res/Res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.XML... the lines of code are pretty easy to follow so in the line for "time" and "am/pm" you gotta change the dips.. you can also move the sliders around and music controls... takes some practice tho... if you're familiar with Apk manager, decompile the linear framework, then decompile the framework of the rom you're using and compare the #'s.... there might be another way, but I dunno what it would be...

Just noticed this is in the d2 forums ... lol.. I don't think its different than d1 tho.. I themed the incredible and it was all the same so hopefully this helps.... :)
Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy

Last edited: