Lock screen inexplicably changed

OP
A

Arachnyd

Reaction score
Hacku's solution worked like a charm. Thanks everyone!!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try to set one first and then deactivate it. i know you should be able to do that.. i don't know that a battery pull would help/do anything.. that's just what us blackberry guys are accustomed to.. "what? my ringtone sounded a little louder than normal.. battery pull!" "webpage taking too long to load.. battery pull!" "can you hear me now? battery pull!" we just jump right to that...

hacku

Reaction score
hold up guys.. he CAN get it to unlock.. that's not the problem.. he just wants the screen back to what it was. hacku has the right solution (i think)

Well, I assumed that, because he said he'd gone into settings>location and security, he'd seen that part and it WAS unchecked...

I went into Settings -> Location and Security but I can't find a way to set it back to the original slider.

He never mentioned anything about that option being unchecked which is why I suggested the right way to do it... ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
hold up guys.. he CAN get it to unlock.. that's not the problem.. he just wants the screen back to what it was. hacku has the right solution (i think)

Well, I assumed that, because he said he'd gone into settings>location and security, he'd seen that part and it WAS unchecked...

I went into Settings -> Location and Security but I can't find a way to set it back to the original slider.

He never mentioned anything about that option being unchecked which is why I suggested the right way to do it... ;)

I suggested my way because that option is checked by default, but only activated and accessible if there is a password set. Otherwise, you can't change it because it's dimmed/greyed out...He said he never set a password. I haven't either. Did that on the G1, but not the Droid. I can't check or unchecked require password, because I never set one.