Lock screen frozen or won't unlock

Capone76

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been having this happen periodically when I awake the phone the lock screen won't let me unlock it. Unable to hit shutdown to turn the phone off also. No touch on display at all. So I have to do a battery pull then all is fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This happened to me a couple times, but it was definitely pretty rare.

Since it seems to happen more often for you I'd check to see your apps. Did you download any new apps lately?

OP
C

Capone76

Reaction score
No new apps recently. Its also restarting on its own at least once sometimes twice a day. Another thing that's weird is when I pick the phone up after its been sitting I have full bars for signal then I unlock and it drops to one bar.

OP
C

Capone76

Reaction score
Yes the phone is still stock.

Reaction score
it's an up you previously downloaded. a recent update to the app prob started it.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
This started happening to me a week ago or so. I can however turn the phone off normally and don't have to do a battery pull. I do believe it was from an app update but have no clue which one. Scary for sure when you can't get in. I got my phone on launch day and have never done a battery pull yet.

OP
C

Capone76

Reaction score
I had Verizon send me another phone and so far its been good. Still poor signal but no powering off or screen locking up. I also had my original gnex from launch day.

shiggity

Reaction score
My girlfriend has this problem and she can't unlock her phone. Downloaded no new apps. I asked her what version Droid she had and the Internets says to go to settings to find out, which she can't because the phone is locked. I told her to send it to Verizon to back up her data and then buy a ****ing iPhone, like I have. LOL Droid eats!