lock screen during calls?

jigawatt

Reaction score
I've tried hitting the lock, it won't lock during calls. It'll cause the screen to go black, then it comes right back up. Even when the screen is "black" and I've got the phone to my ear, it still opens up apps. I'm sick of my phone constantly trying to do something else like open a browser, ending calls, calling someone else, texting random people and so on. How do you actually "LOCK" the touchscreen during calls?

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I know this is not the answer you are looking for but this is what I do.

I have a homescreen with no icons on it. When I am on a call I go back to home and then select that blank homescreen. No icons there to accidentally press and it seems to work well.

There is an app out there made by the same person who created the MyLock app. It will lock the screen when you are on a call but found I preferred my method.

Last edited:

Bdog

Reaction score
I just don't press my phone against my face when I talk...

But I've noticed my screen will go black until I move my phone and turn it, and then it will come back on and I can end the call, or open the keypad or whatever I'm wanting to do

SCUBA-GUY

Reaction score
I downloaded screensuite and love it..

One of the reasons I love this board. Finding out about apps and such I would have never even thought to look for.

I downloaded this one myself. I prefer the pattern lock so I am using that over what this app provides but I like that this app can keep the screen on while I am using other apps like the browser for instance.

OP
J

jigawatt

Reaction score
is there a free app? The Screen Suite is about 2 bucks.

rjax

Reaction score
is there a free app? The Screen Suite is about 2 bucks.

Try myLock Phone Tools or Tedd's Droid Tools. I think you'll have to tap the power button once after the phone call starts, but then the screen is locked.