Coltrane

Reaction score
When purchased, the front screen of the Inc2 phone read "Arlington, Va" where I neither bought the phone nor where I live. It took eighteen hours and it finally went to the nearest town where I live in MD. Now it goes back to Arlington and stays there alot of the time. if I travel it changes, but when I get home it doesn't go to that location. After hours, it will go back to Arlington.

Is it this phone or does anyone else have this problem?

jellybean420

Reaction score
Go to settings and then location and check to see if the top and bottom boxes are checked. If they aren't that should be your issue.

Sent from my ADR6350

OP
C

Coltrane

Reaction score
ALL of the location boxes are check. When I go three blocks the location changes to that locality but when I come home it will invariably change back to Arlington.

Thanks for your help but if I am the only one, it may be the specific phone.

joggy

Reaction score
It may be your wifi router if you are connecting to one or if you are connecting to VZ's Network Extender that may also cause the phone to "locate" you elsewhere.

This happens to us on any phone with location services when we are at home. The data for services like weather will pull from a town 50 miles north of us. I've narrowed it to one of these 2 causes, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything further. It is annoying though.

OP
C

Coltrane

Reaction score
Thank you! I suspected that either of them might be the problem though theoretically the VZ Extender is only supposed to relate to the phone and not data. Last night I walked around my block and the phone location cycled through various close-by localities, including the one I am in, which makes sense depending which cell tower I am nearest, but back in my house I'm in Arlington. It is a stupid complaint but irritating.

However, I also find that the phone sometimes sticks on one locality for hours despite the fact that I have traveled 50 miles.

It's my first droid and I love it to the extent that I am considering trading it in for a TB ( I'm in the 14 day period). I figure I'm always charging the battery anyway and for an extra $50 I get 4G ( I am in a 4G area) and extra storage.