locale 1.0

QuPop

Reaction score
So I've been using locale beta for several weeks which was free and think it's a great app. But I just noticed its now in market place for 9.99. Now I wouldn't mind a $5 price tag but $10 seems bit steep for a app I already have free.

So my long winded question, what is the difference between beta version which is free and the 1.0 version that's $10? Ill probably end up paying it someday mostly to support the developers. But is it worth the cost at this point???

Last edited:

mikespe

Reaction score
I was going to post this very same question. The program is great and I will totally support the developer. However for $10 I would expect some new bells and whistles. I know there will be updates...but what does $10 get me?

dajakal

Reaction score
Supposedly has more plugins. I put in a feature request for media volume control and conditions based on whether headphones were plugged in, and the developer said 1.0 now supports this.

bpfeil

Reaction score
But does 1.0 have a confirmed working gps? When I was on the free one, it could never tell where I was.

bodean

Reaction score
10 dollars? One of the most over priced apps on the market. What a rip off. Good luck with that pricing scheme.........Time to find another app thats cheaper/free

rwfishbu

Reaction score
Alternative to Locale?

10 dollars? One of the most over priced apps on the market. What a rip off. Good luck with that pricing scheme.........Time to find another app thats cheaper/free

I tend to agree that $10 is kinda steep, but does anyone know of a free app with the same functions/features?

Mule65

Reaction score
:bump:

It would be nice to disable work email notification while at work and/or turn on WiFi at home. But $10 for Locale? No thanks.

If I developed Locale I'd keep it free, perfect it until everyone has to have it, then collect money from advertisers when they come pounding on the door. Maybe Google/Verizon will want to buy it for a million. Or, maybe I'll write a free one. :)

dkelly701

Reaction score
Look at Setting Profiles. Better and cheaper. There is a lite version for free that may even do what you want it to.

Claudia

Reaction score
It's expensive and the reviews don't help at all. I would've probably paid it if it wasn't for the terrible reviews. Thank goodness for that!

mikespe

Reaction score
Look at Setting Profiles. Better and cheaper. There is a lite version for free that may even do what you want it to.

Timeriffic works great if you don't need the GPS function. I just set everything based on times and my phone is under my control! Great free app!!