Locale 1.0...Worth upgrading for $10?

mikespe

Reaction score
I have been using Locale in beta since I got my Droid. I really like it and think supporting the developer is important. However is it really worth $9.99 to upgrade out of the beta version? I would think no more than $5 would be a good price for the program. I think $10 is a bit much. I mean I paid $10 for Documents To Go and it does so much more than Locale does (IMHO anyway)...

How many of you have upgraded and is it worth it?

Thanks

Nonie3234

Reaction score
I use Timeriffic for free, and I'm really pleased with it - maybe that would be a good replacement for you?

alansupra94

Reaction score
I use Timeriffic for free, and I'm really pleased with it - maybe that would be a good replacement for you?

I thought Locale uses the GPS to turn things on and off?

And OP you are aware you can try and application....and if you don't like it, you can return it for a full refund...i think its 2 days not 100% sure.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge Timeriffic fan and will never pay $9.99 for an app that does the same thing as Timeriffic, sans the GPS and having to manually put in the time of day to change the options.

OP
M

mikespe

Reaction score
I'll have to check out Timeriffic...I never heard of it before....

Yes Locale can use GPS to turn things on/off...however in my case I work in a big school where the GPS doesn't really work that well inside. So when I arrive to work it resorts back to my default settings. I do most of my things based on time...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes Locale can use GPS to turn things on/off...however in my case I work in a big school where the GPS doesn't really work that well inside. So when I arrive to work it resorts back to my default settings. I do most of my things based on time...
Then grab Timeriffic - my things are based on time too which makes it easy for me to set up my weekly schedule.

techguru

Reaction score
I thought it was worth it because there was a new extension that recognizes whether or not you are docked, and which dock you are in that I wanted to use. Note, if you do the upgrade, uninstall the Beta version first, because the installer doesn't recognize it as an upgrade and leaves both on. Also, you need to recreate all of your events. The database was changed between Beta and release, so there is no upgrade path.

Alan

Nonie3234

Reaction score
Yep, me too. My work is at the same place every day and I just need it to be silent at work and when I sleep. (I also sleep at the same place every day - LOL!) So time is more relevant to me than location.

Then grab Timeriffic - my things are based on time too which makes it easy for me to set up my weekly schedule.

LakeMountD

Reaction score
Very cool program. The only feature that I wish it had is settings for specific dates. The location one would be nice too but it is a free app and I appreciate the hard work from the dev.