Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That link shows the difference between D, M, and I

So, I is for the Australian market? Does this mean I have to get a pet kangaroo?

OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I flashed over to LMY47I but kept the .98R radio as I am on Verizon. I ended up having substantial data/signal drops within seconds of the first boot so I flashed back to LMY47E and all is well again. Thought I would mention my experience in case others were thinking along the same lines.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Thanks for the update. I am still on I, I really feel my phone runs better on this build. I am using the radios from I and have not seen any issues yet. Will keep an eye on it though. FWIW, I am on At&t.

OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would really like to try it but I would have to revert back to the old .95R radio that isn't "optimized" for Verizon. I guess I could maybe just flash twrp and install/flash a stock rooted version of it and keep the .98R radio - but that may not work well either.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That long XDA thread about the differences between the versions, it seems some people are using the .98R radio with the I build.

OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I just reflashed the LMY47I system.img and recovery.img and this time decided to take the sim card out while doing so (Verizon). I stayed on the .98R baseband/radio. Upon boot I started to see the same issues (99 asu signal issue) but I honestly think it just needed time to settle in with the new SIM card changes mentioned within LMY47I.

Very happy so far. May be slightly quicker - but it may just be placebo as well.