Little bit of rattle in my gnex

Tallen1331

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else has some rattle in their phone.
Figured out that its coming from my volume rocker.. its really not a big deal, was just wondering if it is in anyone else's gnex

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mommyoops

Reaction score
I have the same thing. Not a big deal, just a minor annoyance. With the cover on it seems to stop.

OP
T

Tallen1331

Reaction score
kk thanks for your response. just wanted to make sure its a normal thing. its the only thing on this phone that annoys me sooo yeah.

GoBears

Reaction score
I have it too but the noise level from my 3yr old prevents me from ever hearing it lol. Once I put my TPU case on it went away.

hyperdude

Reaction score
Yup, same thing here. I knew it was from the volume rocker but I was worried my removing/replacing the hard case (Verizon's case/holster combo one) was what messed it up. Good to know this isn't that uncommon

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
small rattle, but not really noticeable

sound coming from volume rocker from what I can tell, no real concern to me, my buttons function normally.

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
I hear a rattle too but I don't think its from the volume rocker because if I put my finger on it and shake, it will still rattle. I think its the shutter in the camera. Droid Incredible's camera did the same thing.

hyperdude

Reaction score
I hear a rattle too but I don't think its from the volume rocker because if I put my finger on it and shake, it will still rattle. I think its the shutter in the camera. Droid Incredible's camera did the same thing.
For me it's definitely the volume rocker, since when I put a finger on it and shake there's no rattling. And the rocker definitely has some wiggle.

honors21

Reaction score
I have no rattle at all plus my battery cover is solid.