Linking contacts on GB

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Hey guys
I've noticed none of my contacts are linked anymore.
I had imported all my contacts from previous phone and in DROID we are able to import facebook contacts.
So I linked those old contacts with relevant facebook contacts.
But now they appear to be unlinked and I am unable to link them again.

Anyone else with the same problem? Perhaps a solution?

OP
D

dutchbastard

Reaction score
bah! nevermind.
It would seem it's simply one level deeper in and since it's called "Join" rather then "Link" the update must have broken links.
So in contacts I had to go to the contact of my choice - menu/edit contact - menu/ join.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah I agree it was all automatic and it worked alot nicer. So how do I join say for instance my fiance' who is a back up assistant contact and a google contact but only has one entry in my contacts if that makes any sense at all. Cause when I go to click join and it ask me which one but she isn't on there, yet when I go to text message her it has her listed twice.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
What you are seeing is actually the native Android way of joining contacts. It was this way with the Original Droid. The "link" function is actually a Moto Blur thing I believe.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
What you are seeing is actually the native Android way of joining contacts. It was this way with the Original Droid. The "link" function is actually a Moto Blur thing I believe.

I don't think so. So far every Android device I've had has had the link function. Droid Incredible, thunderbolt, Droid Pro.

mrapollinax

Reaction score
My Original Droid up to the Eclair release used the "Join" function. My Droid 2 Global running an ASOP ROM also used the "Join" function same with CM7. I didn't see the "link" function until I got this phone and ran with the stock ROM, as ROM development for this phone is lacking.