Liberty or RUbix 1.9.7

tlozano09

Reaction score
what are the differences? im currently running liberty and i love the toolbox and i absolutely love the avalon theme.

i want to try out the new rubix but im wondering what the hype is about.

note: i will def go back to liberty when 1.5 comes out.

Reaction score
what are the differences? im currently running liberty and i love the toolbox and i absolutely love the avalon theme.

i want to try out the new rubix but im wondering what the hype is about.

note: i will def go back to liberty when 1.5 comes out.

Both are Blurless so no difference there. Rubix is also based on Kejar's Gummy base, which is what LIberty is based on as well. So the differences appear to be mainly in the tweaks/scripts Rubix runs. Can't go wrong with either great ROM. dancedroid

anrichardson

Reaction score
Far as a "toolbox" goes you can always install Droid Overclock app by jRummy16. It doesn't just overclock, but it has many extra features that are in Liberty toolbox, which is also by jRummy16

jdhas

Reaction score
Far as a "toolbox" goes you can always install Droid Overclock app by jRummy16. It doesn't just overclock, but it has many extra features that are in Liberty toolbox, which is also by jRummy16

+1 to this. You get a great cross-ROM toolbox, and the satisfaction of supporting a talented and hard -working dev.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

rayne58

Reaction score
personally I dont think rubix is any faster tbh, I tried it for a day and just went right back to liberty

anrichardson

Reaction score

+1 to this. You get a great cross-ROM toolbox, and the satisfaction of supporting a talented and hard -working dev.

Plus if you think about it RubiX Focused is based of of GummyJar, which is Liberty Based. So kejar31 is creator of GummyJar and the the toolbox is created by jrummy16, who also created Droid Overclock which basically is Liberty Toolbox. So now you just add Drod2169 to the mix, you really have one great rom all together.

Far as themes, there are themes, just because you don't have a "toolbox" to install it for you. Well all you need it bootstrap and that's why there is a theme thread dedicated just for this. The themes from toolbox were already themes before public release anyway.

kejar31 - GummyJar / Liberty Rom
jrummy16 - Liberty Toolbox / Droid Overclock (toolbox)
drod2169 - RubiX rom(GummyJar Based) + tweaks and scripts

andylulzyou

Reaction score

Plus if you think about it RubiX Focused is based of of GummyJar, which is Liberty Based. So kejar31 is creator of GummyJar and the the toolbox is created by jrummy16, who also created Droid Overclock which basically is Liberty Toolbox. So now you just add Drod2169 to the mix, you really have one great rom all together.

Far as themes, there are themes, just because you don't have a "toolbox" to install it for you. Well all you need it bootstrap and that's why there is a theme thread dedicated just for this. The themes from toolbox were already themes before public release anyway.

The Droid Overclock was really created by a Milestone dev for the Milestone. Jrummy just turned it into a paid app with the density changer and setcpu

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

The Droid Overclock was really created by a Milestone dev for the Milestone. Jrummy just turned it into a paid app with the density changer and setcpu

No, Droid Overclock was not created by a Milestone dev but the module used in Droid Overclock was created by him. That's the same module used in several other overclock apps found on the market. If you were to see the amount of code taken to write Droid Overclock versus the module it would be about 50 times more code.

I'm not trying to start a war here but I'm kind of sick of people playing Droid Overclock down for using the module used by other apps. Am I grateful for the work done by the Milestone guys? Of course I am!! Overclocking the Droid X, Droid 2 or Milestone would be impossible without them and I hope everyone recognizes that. But Droid Overclock isn't just about the module. The profiles, cpu sliders and extras could be different apps on their own and the time spent on them I hope is worthy enough for the Android community.

andylulzyou

Reaction score

No, Droid Overclock was not created by a Milestone dev but the module used in Droid Overclock was created by him. That's the same module used in several other overclock apps found on the market. If you were to see the amount of code taken to write Droid Overclock versus the module it would be about 50 times more code.

I'm not trying to start a war here but I'm kind of sick of people playing Droid Overclock down for using the module used by other apps. Am I grateful for the work done by the Milestone guys? Of course I am!! Overclocking the Droid X, Droid 2 or Milestone would be impossible without them and I hope everyone recognizes that. But Droid Overclock isn't just about the module. The profiles, cpu sliders and extras could be different apps on their own and the time spent on them I hope is worthy enough for the Android community.

I wasn't trying to downplay your app, the amount of features in that make it way more than a steal for the price.. I'm surprised that you've seen people playing down your app I was just trying to give the Milestone Dev's some credit considering they paved the way for a lot of development on the X and they never seem to get any.

teh_g

Reaction score
I haven't tried rubiX 1.9.7 yet, but I know that the only real thing I noticed between the two was the toolbox app. To be honest, I love the toolbox enough to have it be the deciding factor.

With Juicemane doing themes for Liberty for now, I plan on sticking with Liberty :).

anrichardson

Reaction score
I haven't tried rubiX 1.9.7 yet, but I know that the only real thing I noticed between the two was the toolbox app. To be honest, I love the toolbox enough to have it be the deciding factor.

With Juicemane doing themes for Liberty for now, I plan on sticking with Liberty :).

Have you tried Droid Overclock app? It does more then just overclock.

teh_g

Reaction score

Have you tried Droid Overclock app? It does more then just overclock.

I like the downloads of boot images, the easy changing of the notification text, and a few other things that the Droid Overclock don't have.