Liberty GB

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Can I flash Liberty GB straight from liberty 2.0.1??? I'm also running android 2.2.1

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Smack77

Reaction score
No you have to wipe data and cache.

There is also two installs. One is if you're on froyo and one if you're already on GB.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Yeah I figured that but I don't have to sbf to 2.3.340? Like you did on the GB leak?

Smack77

Reaction score
Nope I just installed the "full" install and it works great except for the accounts page bug. You can only add one account, for now.

OP
P

pbguy8709

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks

dahctor

Reaction score
Widgetsoid Notification Compatibility

I used Widgetsoid with Liberty 2.x with full access which would allow widget interaction in the notification space. Liberty GB does not, it required widgetsoid to popup the control widget I use in order to control it. I don't know if this is something that was borrowed from the Fascinate or another phone's ROM, but I miss it. If you could put this functionality back into Liberty ASAP I would be forever grateful!
Great ROM otherwise. LGB is fast, and looks awesome even with the stock look!
-Dahctor Wally

SoDroid

Reaction score
I used Widgetsoid with Liberty 2.x with full access which would allow widget interaction in the notification space. Liberty GB does not, it required widgetsoid to popup the control widget I use in order to control it. I don't know if this is something that was borrowed from the Fascinate or another phone's ROM, but I miss it. If you could put this functionality back into Liberty ASAP I would be forever grateful!
Great ROM otherwise. LGB is fast, and looks awesome even with the stock look!
-Dahctor Wally

I've been using leaked and 588 GB and Widgetsoid has had the same behavior on those builds as well. I believe the issue is more related to GB than Liberty.

Goldwinger

Reaction score
Updated this morning from 2.0.1 to Liberty GB and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't make or edit a calendar appointment.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm going to see if I can make an appointment online and with another program. Hmmmmm.

UPDATE: Can still update from Google calendar online and when I use another program to set an event it shows up in google calendar no problems, just can't add or edit an event using the stock calendar. HELP!

Last edited:

chrisb817

Reaction score
Updated this morning from 2.0.1 to Liberty GB and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't make or edit a calendar appointment.
I came from GB and have the same problem

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jriv21

Reaction score
Installed it last night via Liberty Toolbox and all I have to say is wow. I was extremely impressed with the GB leak by itself, but after installing Liberty GB, Jrummy does NOT disappoint.

It's so fast, bloatware is gone, this thing just flies. Only issues is with accounts but 1) I know it's a known issue and 2) I really don't need to add any additional accounts at the moment.

If it's fast on this release, i can't wait to see the finished product.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Liberty Gingerbread Nightlies

I've got two questions - can you install the full gingerbread nightly over Liberty 2.0? I never installed Liberty 2.0.1, since I was having no problems what so ever. Do I need to install v2.0.1 before I do the full install of Liberty GB - I don't *think* I have to, just checking that point first.

My second question is, can I restore apps & data via Titanium Backup? I know not to try restoring system information on a Gingerbread rom from a froyo backup, but I'm hoping the apps and their information will be OK to restore.

Thanks much!

-Mike

riadav

Reaction score
SMS Confirmations

All my text messages are showing a status of failed but they're going though...anyone else seeing this??

ufjay5

Reaction score
Do I need to flash the GB leak first then install Liberty? or install the Liberty GB over froyo?

BoJatey

Reaction score
I've got two questions - can you install the full gingerbread nightly over Liberty 2.0? I never installed Liberty 2.0.1, since I was having no problems what so ever. Do I need to install v2.0.1 before I do the full install of Liberty GB - I don't *think* I have to, just checking that point first.

My second question is, can I restore apps & data via Titanium Backup? I know not to try restoring system information on a Gingerbread rom from a froyo backup, but I'm hoping the apps and their information will be OK to restore.

Thanks much!

-Mike

In the instructions under the full install file from Rom Manager/Nighties it says any froyo rom so you don't need to be on 2.0.1. Also, TB is a good choice to backup and restore your apps and data.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

darthzach

Reaction score
I have a question relating to the above. I'm on the old GB leak (not .588) and did an app/system backup with Titanium after I installed GB, so the system files should be the GB ones not the stock Froyo. Am I able to do a full apps & system restore after I install Liberty GB? Or just apps only?

I have never done a full system wipe, even after rooting and installing GB... I know it's a higher risk not to but I'm nervous on pulling that trigger :unsure: