Liberty 1.5 takes over my phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc16177

Reaction score
So... I applied a new font through the toolbox and upon reboot my phone opens up my browser on its own, and I immediately closed it. It then re-opens and starts typing "liberty 1.5 is awesome" and trying to search it. I pulled the battery and rebooted at which point it did it again, I let it search and it just pulled up some forum post where someone said that. The weird thing is I was unable to stop it or do anything except go back to my home page, where my clock/weather continued to update so I know the phone wasn't frozen.

Has anything like this happened to anyone? To be honest it kinda creeped me out plus I needed my navigation at the time so it was a little inconvenient.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
So... I applied a new font through the toolbox and upon reboot my phone opens up my browser on its own, and I immediately closed it. It then re-opens and starts typing "liberty 1.5 is awesome" and trying to search it. I pulled the battery and rebooted at which point it did it again, I let it search and it just pulled up some forum post where someone said that. The weird thing is I was unable to stop it or do anything except go back to my home page, where my clock/weather continued to update so I know the phone wasn't frozen.

Has anything like this happened to anyone? To be honest it kinda creeped me out plus I needed my navigation at the time so it was a little inconvenient.

Just happened to me at the same time as you and now i cant control my touchscreen...wtf????

Willisphantom

Reaction score
A similar problem happened to me (just now) but I had just installed Liberty 1.0. I was looking through the Liberty Toolbox when my screen wouldn't respond to any touches. The browser opened and Liberty 1.5 is awesome was typed in, but not searched. When I locked the phone I could not unlock it because there was no response to touch. I simply pulled the battery a few times, and after the fourth reboot everything was normal. However, I also got 21 texts saying "hehehehehe", (during the "takeover") but this could have been from a friend since my contacts weren't imported yet. I must agree that is was a little creepy...

Last edited:

cwininger

Reaction score
same thing just started happening to me!
i'm currently running liberty 1.0.
if you take out your sd card and reboot it wont happen, but as soon as the sd card goes back in this same sequence starts up again. i think something really fishy is going on with the liberty rom.

xxxdroidxxx

Reaction score
Yep. Just happened to me right now. Just installed liberty tool box from the market. Went to apply the blur gallery and liberty took over my phone and got the same message.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Liberty is known for non responsive ness its locks ur phone and wont allow u to turn it on most of the time when it does it ur phone reboots I say try new apex 1.4 or UD 3.0.0 way more responsive and NO LAG! also battery life is just amazing on both

Willisphantom

Reaction score
If this helps, I was on 3g when this happened. Once I was able to turn on wifi, it stopped. However I turned on 3g again and the strange process began again.

Happystranger

Reaction score
If this helps, I was on 3g when this happened. Once I was able to turn on wifi, it stopped. However I turned on 3g again and the strange process began again.

I wasn't even able to get past my first homescreen. I had to pull the battery like 5 times before it let me get into my apps for bootstrap recovery. Wont be using this rom again.

jangle

Reaction score
Somewhere on the SD card has to be a script that locks the screen, looking for it now give me a few minutes

bassdj

SliceThemez Theme Creator
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
iamandroid.co
btw guys pull your battery 4 times and it will work. I have gummyJar at the ready though haha

Aerogriff

Reaction score
Hmm...not happening to me. And I hope it doesn't :3

jangle

Reaction score
Pull the SD card out reboot, go into any file manager and go to

/system/lib/libgnakfoorp.so
delete that file and you are good.

jangle

Reaction score
You need a root file explorer or the adb shell to do it... sorry forgot that piece

Status
Not open for further replies.