LGB v0.9

creaky

Reaction score
Did you backup apps in Titanium Backup or Mybackup? If so, you can restore from there. If not, you can redownload from the market but you won't have any of your original data. Hope this helps.

sent from my Cyanogenmodded X

MendedLogic

Reaction score
I backed up in liberty tool box.. I see the back up in clock work mod folder but do not know how to restore it

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The backup in the clockwork folder is different than the backup of your apps. You back up apps with titanium backup pro or mybackup. A nandroid backup is what you're seeing in the clockwork folder. This is a snapshot of the ENTIRE system at that given moment in time. So, all the apps you paid for should be fine to dl again from the market. Contacts... reboot and use the liberty customizer to add backup assistant. Then try to sign in. If it doesn't work, you can go to the VZW site I believe and get your contacts from there. Don't worry! All is not lost. Lesson learned though. Also, its a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card (just in case). Then if something like this happens again, you can just import them back with no worries.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Last edited:

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Yes I found you are correct about getting my apps back from the market which is what Im doing at this moment.. However I have tried both backup assistant on my phone and thru VZW's website clicked sync to phone and it appears to be syncing but it really does nothing at all I have almost 200 phone contacts I need to retrieve :-(

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sad! Haha It should work from the web site so keep trying. Dl the facebook app and when it asks, sync all contacts. This will at least get some of them back i hope
;) also, go to settings/accounts and try clicking on your google acct. Then check the box to sync contacts, gmail etc.. if it's already checked, uncheck it and check it again. It will sync. Annnd, open liberty customizer and check off backup assistant again and try signing in after using the customizer and rebooting

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No worries. For the future as well, make sure your contacts are synced to your gmail acct and not just the phone. That way, when you install a new rom and are doing the setup, you'll have the option to restore from your google acct (which will contain among other things, your contacts)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

MendedLogic

Reaction score
cant find Liberty customizer again..lol any ideas?? Also I was able to export my contacts to my pc but what good that does me Idk ..lol I want it on my phone!! WHAAAAAA!! I cant even tell if I like Liberty or not other then so far its been a royal pita...LOL

{EDIT} found that I can export from back up assistant to google and import from there.. Sheesh was a pita that is/was...LOL Thanks again for all your help.. Now to test out Liberty..lol

Last edited:

Unclecheese

Reaction score
cant find Liberty customizer again..lol any ideas?? Also I was able to export my contacts to my pc but what good that does me Idk ..lol I want it on my phone!! WHAAAAAA!! I cant even tell if I like Liberty or not other then so far its been a royal pita...LOL

If done correctly Liberty GB is smooooth as butter. Customizer is in your Settings Menu. Settings->Liberty Settings->Liberty Customizer.

As said, Google does a great job of backing up not only contacts but also calendar events.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good. Happy to help! It's not usually like that. So liberty customizer is in settings/liberty settings. Now that you have your contacts, export them to the sd for a backup. Also, use titanium backup to backup your apps. There is also the app called my backup which can also backup apps as well as contacts. Enjoy liberty! PM me if you need anything else

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

wsizoo

Reaction score

If done correctly Liberty GB is smooooth as butter. Customizer is in your Settings Menu. Settings->Liberty Settings->Liberty Customizer.

As said, Google does a great job of backing up not only contacts but also calendar events.

Another option is to make sure you have a fairly recent backup in clockwork(I have a fresh backup of both the stock rom and liberty)... Also use titanium backup for apps saves downloading them all again. Gmail sync will be your bread and butter though.

MendedLogic

Reaction score
Ok this is what I just pain stakenly went thru...lol I was able to export my contacts to my pc then import them to gmail but when I synced gmail contacts to my phone it separated emails and other info from the person.. now I had 3 or more listings for same person.. sorry that is just wacked.. I had to go thru and try to 'join' what I could and delete the extra crap I didnt want/need.. So I then exported my contacts to my sd card like I was told previously.. But I fear my Gmail contacts list is a fiasco not sure how to clean that up with out losing whats left of my mind.. lol I also need to clean up my SD card its a flippin mess as well just not sure what I need and what I dont need if anyone has the time to help me out I would greatly appreciate it!! It doesnt have to be right this minute but you can always pm me when your able.. Thanks again everyone.. If not for you all I would have taken this phone for a long walk on a short pier...LMAO