Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
Whowouldathunkit? The LG Watch Urbane scored a 7 out of 10 on the iFixit repairability scale after making it through their dissection process. Here's a quick quote with the summary of their findings, but be sure to check out the source link below for all of the details and great pics,
What do you guys think of the LG Watch Urbane? Is it a serious Android Wear smartwatch competitor?
- Once you're inside, the motherboard is very easy to remove—three Phillips screws and a few connectors.
- With the motherboard out, the battery is very easy to replace; only mild adhesive holds it in.
- Features a standard 22 mm band secured with spring bars—replacement and style swaps are easy.
- Glued back requires heat and prying to open, and replacement adhesive to properly re-seal.
- Because the display is adhered to the back of the front glass, which is removed from the front, screen replacement is very difficult and will require re-adhering the display layers.