LG (VZ) Lollipop and root

Gremlin

Reaction score
So I am still rooted with 4.4.2.

Who all are on Verizon and updated to lollipop? How is the battery life? Can you still root? Is it easy?

Thank you

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Battery life seems fine. Haven't rooted so can't comment there. But it did cause several other issues. Mostly with Google services. It got so bad I ended up having to do an fdr. If I had it to do again I would have not taken the update. And I waited quite a while to take it.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I was rooted on KitKat and flashed Lollipop stock based ROMs once the LP leaks came out. Currently using JasmineRom 7.0 based on 23C and SkyDragon kernel 4.1.

If you're interested in flashing ROMs, that's a good choice. I get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours or more depending on usage.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
Decided to go for it this past long weekend. unrooted the phone and let Verizon OTA upgrade to the latest release. It was already like a new install so I just FDR again just for the heck of it.
Rooted the phone using one click method and it is good so far. Battery life is almost the same.. Just the google play service running at 4%
Anyway to see if the bootloader is unlocked?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Decided to go for it this past long weekend. unrooted the phone and let Verizon OTA upgrade to the latest release. It was already like a new install so I just FDR again just for the heck of it.
Rooted the phone using one click method and it is good so far. Battery life is almost the same.. Just the google play service running at 4%
Anyway to see if the bootloader is unlocked?
You can't unlock it with the Lollipop bootloader. You'd have to flash the 12B about.img and another file, I think. I also think you'd have to downgrade first, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You might not have to.

If I helped you please press Thanks!

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
hmm. so I can go back to 4.4.2 if I use the LG Flash tool and use the 12b.tot image?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
hmm. so I can go back to 4.4.2 if I use the LG Flash tool and use the 12b.tot image?
In order to use the tot, I think you need the "special" LG flash tool 2014.

If I helped you please press Thanks!

Last edited: