LG Vortex problem with loading music

dkarnitsky

Reaction score
This is my first smartphone. I have loaded music onto my phone but when I look in the computer my rmeovable F drive shows all my songs but all of them do not show up in my actual phone. I have been to the Verizon store and no one gets why this is the case.
I have tried loading the music several ways. First using VCast Media Manager, and the log tells me the transfers were successful.
then I gave up on VCast and just plugge din the phone, went into the F drive music folder and manually added songs. They now show up in my f drive folder, but still are not on the phone

ceboykin86

Reaction score
You should be able to use the provided USB cord/Charger cord to connect your Vortex to your computer. Once it pops up as the F: drive there may be a folder called "Music" if there isn't just make a new folder with that name (no quotation marks of course). Put all of the music you want in that folder. Once that's finished, Safely remove the phone from your computer. The phone should automatically remount the SD card, this should make your phone see the files you have added, and they should show up using the Music application.

Actually this sounds like what you've already tried... Sorry didn't read it all the way through lol. Hmm. May be a silly question but have you tried powering down the phone and turning it back on? If that hasn't worked then maybe trying a Hard Reset or Factory Reset may solve it. But that will delete all of your data on the phone. Make sure to back up any information and backup your contacts, etc before you give that one a try.

Last edited: