LG Vortex Media Volume Problems

ceboykin86

Reaction score
So I've had my vortex for almost a month, and this has happened several times. Sometimes the volume of different media will randomly jump to very soft or very loud.

It has happened when using the default music player connected to an external soundsystem that was turned up fairly loud. The phone was screen up and media volume maxed, then it jumped to very soft. It happened twice in a row. Turning it screen down stopped it that time.

Even with "cubed" music player it happened a few times in the car today I had it down 1-2 notches from max (no headphones amd not connected, to the car system) and would jump to max until I left it there.

It has also happened during games. It was going nuts playing angry birds yesterday. I had it turned down most of the way and it would start blasting really loud. Happened several times until I muted the game.

I know that, these could easily be software issues and not a hardware thing. But the fact that it is happening often makes me wonder. This is my first smartphone and first android device... so I don't know everything about it yet.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. I'll try to document any other occurrences.

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

Last edited:
OP
ceboykin86

ceboykin86

Reaction score
So on an almost 2 hour drive home today, this drove me nuts. It was happening with both the default music player and cubed. I had plain cheapo headphones plugged in and it was going up and down. This time it was changing in any increment. I tried powering cycling the phone but it kept happening after. Any ideas what could be causing this.

Any thing I should try to better figure out what could be causing this?

Sent from my Vortex using DroidForums App

OP
ceboykin86

ceboykin86

Reaction score
Well no answers with this one. But I have noticed that the problem has lessened or maybe even stopped happening lately. My only guess was there was something glitching with the volume rocker...