LG Releases Impressive Teaser Video of New LG Watch Urabane

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

After checking out this trailer video for the LG Watch Urbane, it looks like both the Moto 360 and the Apple Watch will have some serious competition in the wearables sector. LG has really stepped it up a notch, and all three companies are leaving Samsung in the dust as far as the aesthetic appeal of a smartwatch is concerned.

In the past, LG has made some sexy looking smartphones (like the G2, G3 and Nexus 5), and now it seems they made their design team work overtime on the Urbane smartwatch. The best part of the video above is that it briefly shows off what the watch will look like with several different bands... impressive!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Not Bad.

tumblr_mptvgthywY1ro91bjo1_500.0.gif

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There is no arguing, that is one gorgeous watch even in its various iterations. I just hope with a significantly smaller screen as compared to for instance the Moto 360, where the LG is I believe 1.3 inches and the moto 360 is 1.8 inches in diameter, that it doesn't take a huge hit to functionality and ergonomics It's considerably less real estate and therefore seems that it may at least have some difficulty with comprable functionality. Although of course, being creative can add functionality even in a smaller real estate and that obviously goes without saying because that watch is definitely creative with smaller real estate. Bravo LG, let's keep pushing the bar up!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Definitely an awesome looking watch. +1 FK. I wonder about the size as well.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who's gonna be the guy that comes up with an Android Wear watch with a 2.0" round display???

THIS is the next screen size war! It is inevitable.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Who's gonna be the guy that comes up with an Android Wear watch with a 2.0" round display???

THIS is the next screen size war! It is inevitable.
Lol, what will we call them then, pHwatches?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, what will we call them then, pHwatches?
The S already has seen that term being used in pro reviews.
Square at 2" is already huge for a watch but round at 2"? Just wow.
I'd like to see manufacturers start working on reducing bezels to none. That way you could get more screen without increasing what's laying on the wrist.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just hope with a significantly smaller screen as compared to for instance the Moto 360, where the LG is I believe 1.3 inches and the moto 360 is 1.8 inches in diameter, that it doesn't take a huge hit to functionality and ergonomics It's considerably less real estate and therefore seems that it may at least have some difficulty with comprable functionality.

I don't think that would be any problem at all. I don't like the size of the LG -R or 360.

Damn you LG for making me want to upgrade ALREADY!!!!
//raises fist at the sky

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I don't think that would be any problem at all. I don't like the size of the LG -R or 360.

Damn you LG for making me want to upgrade ALREADY!!!!
//raises fist at the sky

I agree. I think the smaller screen can work. I'm not one for larger watches, so LG definitely has my attention here.

DroidWarfare

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
This looks cool, but I'm happy with my original G Watch... for now...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. And the INCREDIBLE deal I got on my G has me still very happy, especially when I wan't even sure I wanted a watch.
But now that I know... :D
And let me guess: this will be $300 or even more. So there's that...still not ready to spend that kind of money on a watch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I'm reading is the price of these watches is more of a turn off than their limited abilities. As one poster put it "people just aren't willing to justify upwards of $200 for a phone butler". It makes me wonder if they should focus more on lowering the price then add more functionality vs adding more functionality but a premium price. It seems, other than Christmas specials, the manufacturer's are focusing on improving neither aspect, especially Samsung. They just don't have the blind brand followers that Apple enjoys.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. And that's the thing too... what can the $350 Android Watch do that my $100 (retail $229) watch cannot? So you're NOT paying for more functions...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just hope they don't start putting monster chips and other wasted improvements to justify the prices until they push the abilities to the need of a quad core with gobs of ram.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4