LG Officially Announces the LG G Pro Lite; a Budget Phablet for Emerging Markets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g-pro-lite.png

LG just officially announced a new device today. It's called the LG G Pro Lite and it is designed to be a mid-range/budget-friendly phablet device for emerging markets. Here's a statement from the company and a spec-list:

“With LG G Pro Lite, we are introducing a competitive device to the masses in the growing large smartphone market,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “The market for smartphones with displays over five inches will continue to grow and LG is in a great position to capture these new customers when they’re ready to move up from their current phones.”
  • Processor: MT6577 1.0 GHz Dual Core
  • Display: 5.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels)
  • Network: 3G (HSDPA: 7.2Mbps / HSUPA: 5.76Mbps)
  • Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, MicroSD
  • Camera: Rear 8.0MP BSI / Front 1.3MP
  • Battery: 3,140 mAh (removable)
  • Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
  • Size: 150.2 x 76.9 x 9.4mm
  • Weight: 161g
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0, USB2.0, A-GPS, Wi-Fi Direct
  • Colors: Black, White

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Ouch! The G "Pro" Lite could do without the "Pro" monikor. I've fallen absolutely in love with my G2 from LG and that only cost me $599 (+ tax) off contract. By the time this is released I'm sure that price will have fallen. I was just praising LG, but marketing this as midrange isn't exactly accurate to the customers. When I think midrange I don't think of a CPU clocked lower that my old Galaxy Nexus and one forth the storage of my old GNex.

"The market for smartphones with displays over five inches will continue to grow and LG is in a great position to capture these new customers when they’re ready to move up from their current phones.” - statement from LG

Wrong. The latest Optimus, the Nexus 4, and most importantly G2 and Nexus 5 have been GREAT steps forward as a company. I see new customers who are interested in upgrading to a 5 inch+ display device and only budget will jump on last generation's Note II over this. There's no need to release this. You already have a great lineup and I don't see this as a preferable option to a Note II at all (even though I hate AMOLED displays cause of burn-in issues).

If this is priced at $90 off contract maybe.. Lol.

Does anybody find this interesting?