LG G6 To Include A Unique Display!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F343507%2Ff343a495-d00c-46c7-be77-ebce2c833c11.jpg
QHD is soooo yesterday. By now most flagship devices have these high resolution displays. QHD stands for Quad High Definition. A QHD display has a resolution of 2560x1440 and can fit about 4 times as many pixels as a single standard definition display of the same size. These displays have been prominent in phones since the LG G3 which had one of the first QHD displays. Two years later and many people thought we would have 4K screens in our phones by now, but 4K may not be entirely practical just yet.

LG is stepping up their QHD display game with their display for the LG G6. The LG display company just announced a 5.7" LCD with the 18:9 aspect ratio that has been rumored for the G6. They are calling this new screen tech QHD+. It will have a resolution of 2,880x1,440 pixels which is a slight bump from traditional QHD displays. This 5.7" display is housed in a body with very slim bezels meaning the overall size of the phone should be smaller. The display is also thinner and lighter than its predecessor which frees up space for other things like a larger battery.

via Mashable

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first qhd display for LG was the G3, just saying.

Dang I knew it was a long time ago, but didn't realize it was that long ago. LOL

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I still want a flagship phone with a 720p screen. Give me all the bells and whistles underneath, but with battery life that I know will last an entire day. I don't notice a difference between my G5's screen and OG Nexus 7 tablet's screen other than the physical size.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Give me all the bells and whistles underneath, but with battery life that I know will last an entire day.
moto z force with battery mod has 5700mah battery with qhd screen. I'm a VERY heavy user and it easily lasts me a day.

6bolt2g

Reaction score
Dang I knew it was a long time ago, but didn't realize it was that long ago. LOL
It was probably a bit before its time. The snapdragon 801 struggled at times with all those pixels. I still think the G2 was the perfect phone when it came to size and battery life. They should use it as a platform to shoot for and just update it with the latest features, processor,ect..

I just noticed my signature was a million years old.