LG G6 To Feature Glass Back And Wireless Charging

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
phpyop94j.jpg

LG has done a great job of standing out over the past few years. In a world of copy cat design LG has kept a design language that was uniquely LG. They are the last remaining major OEM who has kept the removable back and user replaceable battery in their flagship devices. This may be coming to an end with the LG G6 though. We saw some renders based on the CAD of the G6 earlier in the week. Now we are getting some reports that appear to be confirming what we have seen in the renders.

ETNews is reporting that LG may be following Samsung's lead and may include a front and back glass design for the LG G6. This would keep the premium feel and may also allow for more premium features like wireless charging! According to sources we will see 2.5D glass on the front (tapered edges) and 3D glass on the rear. The rear glass may have curved edges more like Samsung devices. This may signal a change in the 2017 design landscape. Samsung is expected to continue with the all glass design while Apple may also be releasing an all glass design for the same wireless charging reason. 2017 may be the year of the glass build. Do you love or hate the all glass design of Samsung devices?

via ETNews

Reaction score
phpyop94j.jpg

LG has done a great job of standing out over the past few years. In a world of copy cat design LG has kept a design language that was uniquely LG. They are the last remaining major OEM who has kept the removable back and user replaceable battery in their flagship devices. This may be coming to an end with the LG G6 though. We saw some renders based on the CAD of the G6 earlier in the week. Now we are getting some reports that appear to be confirming what we have seen in the renders.

ETNews is reporting that LG may be following Samsung's lead and may include a front and back glass design for the LG G6. This would keep the premium feel and may also allow for more premium features like wireless charging! According to sources we will see 2.5D glass on the front (tapered edges) and 3D glass on the rear. The rear glass may have curved edges more like Samsung devices. This may signal a change in the 2017 design landscape. Samsung is expected to continue with the all glass design while Apple may also be releasing an all glass design for the same wireless charging reason. 2017 may be the year of the glass build. Do you love or hate the all glass design of Samsung devices?

via ETNews
I always use a case. To me having wireless charging is a big plus! I love it!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk