LG G5 Likely to be Unveiled Before the Samsung Galaxy S7

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g5-mwc-confirmation-twitter-single.jpg
lg-g5-mwc-confirmation-twitter-1.png

LG has committed to a date and time for the G5 and it looks like they will be slightly ahead of Samsung's Galaxy S7 announcement. LG is now scheduled to announce their new flagship the day before Mobile World Congress 2016 kicks off in Barcelona.

LG's event will be on February 21st at 2PM Barcelona Time (that's 7am CTD). What's funny is that we weren't yet supposed to know this. LG posted the image above and a Twitter message, but they quickly deleted both soon-after. Obviously someone jumped the gun.

Despite that, the internet never forgets and the folks at Android Police were able to snap screen-caps of both, so now we know. The animated gif is viewable in the thread below.

For further LG G5 discussions head over to our dedicated section here: LG G5

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that leaked LG G5 gif:

lg-g5-mwc-confirmation-twitter.gif

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This in no way would surprise me. LG has been trying to one up Samsung for quite some time. They want as much focus as possible and want to eat into the limelight of Samsung. I mean they do have pretty good phones.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I love my Samsung devices, but LG has really come a long way. They have combined a lot of features from some good phones and keep getting better. My wife has used the G2 and G3 and has not had any complaints. LG pushing to unveil first really doesn't surprise me!