LG G5 Available on T-Mobile Today & Jason Statham Dressed in Drag G5 Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g5-sale-t-mo.jpg

We have an LG G5 double-header story for you folks this morning. First up is that T-Mobile apparently is offering up the G5 for sale on their online. This is NOT a pre-order, but an actual regular sale (which probably isn't that surprising since we are so close to the launch date of the device).

At any rate, you can order the LG G5 from T-Mobile for $629.99 full price or $26.25 per month for 24 months. You will also get a free spare battery, a free charging cradle and a free 360 CAM with that order. This special is only available for a limited time (the camera promo ends on April 5th, while the other freebies last until April 17th).

Here's a link to the T-Mobile store for folks on that carrier to grab this device: LG G5 Smartphone Phablet | G5 Reviews, Specs, Prices & More | T-Mobile

We have a bonus LG G5 tidbit to share. Apparently, a new video ad is out for the LG G5 that is rather odd. It shows a man in drag fiddling with an LG G5 briefly. That man in drag is none other than the famous action movie actor Jason Statham. We aren't sure what to make of this commercial, but we are sure there will be more to follow which explains it.

You can see the video in the thread below, and here is our dedicated LG G5 section for further discussion: LG G5

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I first saw this ad, I didn't even realize he was supposed to be in drag. I thought he was supposed to be some kind of hippie or something. Or a rich guy from another country. Haha! Only after reading the OP here did it click for me.

I'm interested to see what becomes of this modular design. I've been interested in it since first hearing about project Aura, but I'm curious to see what really comes of it. The bummer is that, for anyone else to make a modular design, they'll either have to be compatible with LG's, or risk having even less support (no matter how much support they do or don't end up getting from third parties).