LG G4 Screen Coating Defect Shows Up On Some Devices

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iUlLtghl.jpg

The LG G4 has to be my second favorite phone right now. The only phone that I like better is the Galaxy S6 Edge. You just can't beat the S6 Edge design or the S6 Edge camera. The LG G4 does beat the S6 Edge in a few categories. It includes a removable battery and sd card which the S6 does not, and it is snappier over time. The S6 tends to lag after a few weeks of use and ends up requiring a reboot.

The LG G4 is a solid device overall, and I can't really find much at all to complain about. There is one nasty little defect that has began to surface. You should be able to see this on your device as soon as you take it out of the box. It looks like the screen coating was applied and then a little was wiped off (maybe by a roller or some other device that pics the phone up). You end up with a smooth and flawless screen other than in one spot that goes horizontally across the screen and gives a rough appearance which looks pretty awful. Most retailers have been quick to swap out these devices. You will want to inspect your device as soon as you take it out of the box and carry it to the store for a swap if you find this on your device.

via XDA

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
When you say reboot...do you mean a power cycle or a FDR?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty certain DMX meant power cycle. I do that as a matter of habit just before putting it on charge at least every other charge. I figure it certainly can't hurt. Fortunately my G4 screen is perfect.