LG G4 Officially Unveiled; Get All the Specs and Details Here

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-g4-35.jpg

Image credit: CNET

The new flagship from LG has been officially announced. The event to showcase the LG G4 kicked off without a hitch today, and LG's latest superphone made a powerful impression. With an already revealed leather backing and list of internal specs, we basically already knew all of the details, but here they are listed in full for your perusal:
  • 5.5-inch IPS Quantum LCD quad-HD Display (2,560x1,440-pixel resolution) and 534 pixels per inch (ppi) - 25 percent brighter (500 nits), 20 percent wider color range than LG's previous QHD mobile screens - contrast improved by 50 percent the G3, (up to 1,500:1)
  • Three different material choices for the back cover: One is a stitched leather over plastic back (includes light blue, black and tannish brown vegetable-dyed stitched leather) The other two are plastic backs. One has a ceramic paint, while the other has metallic elements and is similar to the G3.
  • Six-core Snapdragon 808 processor - Optimized to work more efficiently than the Snapdragon 810 in the G Flex 2
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16-megapixel camera with an impressive f/1.8 aperture - improves photos in low-light conditions by letting in up to 80% more light - 40 percent larger sensor - improved optical image stabilization (OIS), stabilized along two axes - laser-guided autofocus - with added color sensor underneath the flash for better color representation
  • 8-megapixel Front Camera - with a gesture-triggered selfie timer
  • 3,000mAh removable battery
  • A microSD card slot
  • 32GB of onboard storage
  • Android Lollipop with LG's UX 4.0
  • 100GB of Google Drive storage for a year, bundled with the phone for free
The phone is expected to launch at $600 off-contract. We will update this thread with more details on launch time-frame as soon as we spot them.

It sounds like LG really nailed all of the hot-button issues for hardcore users, like a microSD slot and removable battery. Sound off if you can foresee owning this device in the near future.

Here's our dedicated section for further discussion: LG G4 Forum Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll definitely check this out. Here's to hoping the Nexus is based off this, keeping the size the same. If so, I found my next device. It would be good to get back into the Nexus realm again.

on the move..

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I plan to pick up this device on release from VZW :)...

creaky

Reaction score
Unless there is something terribly wrong with this at launch - which I can't imagine - I'm getting this phone.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, if the new Nexus is the same size, 5.5 inch, what would be the need to have a Nexus 6? I think if anything, it will be an updated version of the Nexus 5.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
wow, what a solid device.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I plan to pick up this device on release from VZW :)...
No way...you're making this up. It's not like you to buy every phone that has ever hit the market. Next thing you'll tell me is that you bought a Lumia Icon (Windows Phone) when it was released.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No way...you're making this up. It's not like you to buy every phone that has ever hit the market. Next thing you'll tell me is that you bought a Lumia Icon (Windows Phone) when it was released.

:) I do have a windows phone and an iPhone :)...and I only buy the phones I really like not every phone... :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
:) I do have a windows phone and an iPhone :)...and I only buy the phones I really like not every phone... :)
True, you do skip all the low end ones. I'm going to open up a smartphone museum and buy back your entire collection of 124,657 smartphones one day

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
True, you do skip all the low end ones. I'm going to open up a smartphone museum and buy back your entire collection of 124,657 smartphones one day

I am hoping the Smithsonian or some other museum of history will be interested as well :)...

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in this device, I've been looking for a replacement for my.... aging, GN2, let's hope they achieve root, I'll definitely be getting it.