LG G3 Winning the Battery Life Contest, Despite Power Hungry Specs (Corrected)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Let's face it. Tests are tests and real world is real world. How much time we get on a single charge will vary as we all use our phones differently.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Have to say that LG has been impressive over the last year. Everything about the G2 rocks and after having 2 HTC phones, the G2 is a dream when it comes to battery life. Wish I had the cash to upgrade to the G3.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Have to say that LG has been impressive over the last year. Everything about the G2 rocks and after having 2 HTC phones, the G2 is a dream when it comes to battery life. Wish I had the cash to upgrade to the G3.

Loved the G2 in my small time with it.. And great battery .. We are definitely looking forward to G3 release... And I've never owned htc till just now I'm very surprised with the battery on M8.. They got it right let me tell you..

M8 tap'd

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a single smartphone in the world that can outlast droid maxx on a single charge.
duvuzaja.jpg

yqa4avep.jpg

Beat that samsung, LG, htc and Apple!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
MaXX is solid for sure ..I think overall the devices are getting so much better with battery ..finally seems manufacturers are paying attention

M8 tap'd

biglilome

Reaction score
I think they need find out what apples does. cuz their battery life is amazing. but idk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I think they need find out what apples does. cuz their battery life is amazing. but idk

You're joking, right?

The iPhone has terrible battery life. I see how poor it is head-to-head against my Moto X daily.
My wife is on the iP5 and her battery is lucky to be at 25% after 5-6 hours, it NEVER lasts a full day of solid use.
On trips it always starts kicking battery warnings in the late afternoon.

Universal

Reaction score

You've GOT to be kidding me. My wife is lucky to make it to lunch time without having to charge her iPhone 5S. My G2 walks circles around it in battery life and nearly every other way.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as I know from coworkers with iPhone 4 and 5 their phones are dead by mid day while me with heavy use only lose ~30% on my maxx. Apple couldn't care less about battery life, they'd rather sell more $40 chargers.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My wife has this little battery pack that will charge her iPhone twice. Without it her phone is dead within 4-5 hours.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like PhoneArena screwed up in their battery life tests of the G3. They issued a correction and I have updated the OP to reflect. Sorry about the confusion guys.